2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
Last year the Warriors were already printing their "Repeat" championship t-shirts. This year they are much more in focus I think and aren't gonna blow their chance.

Oh, and you know, they added Kevin Durant.

Agreed. Lowe mentioned how relaxed everyone was going into Cleveland. How they were saying things like "This feels like regular season games to us" and that they were basically just shooting for a split to win game 5 at home.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The discrepancy between the 1h line and full game lines is pretty interesting though. I thought Cleveland might be a decent bet there because they have looked much better in both first halves before running out of gas. Unfortunately, they're favored in the 1h here.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 10:51 PM)
Now I have to figure out if I should hedge. Have Warriors to sweep 300 to win 3110.

KD is the truth. Lebron trying to go for his triple double there on that last Korver miss,

Kyrie having to go 1x1 vs. Klay Thompson shouldn't be their best move at the end of games. They should have tried to get a smaller defender like Curry to switch onto LeBron so he can drive. That worked great for them for most of the 4th.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 10:51 PM)
Cleveland just doesn't play defense like Golden State does.

Labron letting KD step right into that 3 was such a huge mistake.

He had 2 of those in the 4th. A shooter like him should not be able to pull up in your face like that.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
Now I have to figure out if I should hedge. Have Warriors to sweep 300 to win 3110.

KD is the truth. Lebron trying to go for his triple double there on that last Korver miss,

I wouldn't hedge. I think Cleveland is dead after losing that.

I don't think LeBron was going for a triple double, he's just not single-minded enough. He could have taken the ball to the basket all night and he just got fatigued.

I don't ever want to hear anyone compare him to Michael again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
Kyrie having to go 1x1 vs. Klay Thompson shouldn't be their best move at the end of games. They should have tried to get a smaller defender like Curry to switch onto LeBron so he can drive. That worked great for them for most of the 4th.

Kyrie was exhausted.

Kyrie got them the lead in the third while LeBron treated water. The 4th quarter was LeBron's, and he refused to take it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 11:03 PM)
Kyrie was exhausted.

Kyrie got them the lead in the third while LeBron treated water. The 4th quarter was LeBron's, and he refused to take it.

I don't get it. He drives on Curry 2 or 3 possessions In a row with success and then stops. He's done that his whole career. He's unstoppable when he wants to be but he just doesnt.

GOAT hopes gone for good...you can put a fork in them due to GSW.

Every year he ages, the ability to close out games in the 4th quarter dissipates further. Just has taken too much hard contact over the years to keep going at this level (not to mention starting at age 18 playing that many games per year) for more than 2-3 more years.

(The NBA removing Draymond Green from Game 6 and Curry's injury last year kept the NBA from becoming a complete farce, fwiw.)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
Korver almost never misses that shot, it was the right play per usual by LeBron. Can't believe we're still doing the LeBron is too passive routine in 2017.

The Cavs missed a LOT of 3's in the second half where they passed on easy shots near the rim to try for the open 3.

Did you watch the game? They were being criticized by two former NBA coaches.

I get that you want to make the pass to the open man. But in critical stages of the game, you need to know you can not be denied from scoring at the rim. No one was going to stop LeBron from scoring at the basket, but you want to leave it up to Kyle f***ing Korver?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
Korver almost never misses that shot, it was the right play per usual by LeBron. Can't believe we're still doing the LeBron is too passive routine in 2017.

He could have drove at Green who had 5 fouls and no help underneath. Instead he hesitated and wound up driving left when help got there.

I'm just going to answer you both at once here and leave it at that. Yes shack, I watched the game, I wouldn't be commenting if I didn't. I'm not sure what the +- stat is supposed to mean. He was the highest of a whole 3 guys(and Kyrie isn't part of that) who had a positive +- for the Cavs. Durant had the absurd +- of 0 in the game, it's just a flawed stat. As for the play itself, LeBron did make a move to drive to the hoop, he ended up going left and got caught by the help. If he drives right, maybe he gets an easy 2, maybe Dray is such a good defender he forces a tough shot, maybe Klay drops down and cuts him off and maybe Durant who is already sliding over when LeBron starts to drive meets him at the rim. We have no idea. What we do know is that Korver is insane from that left corner and LeBron thought it was the best play at the time. He missed, maybe Jordan's legacy isn't the same if Paxson and/or Kerr missed in those finals. Fortunately for us Bulls fans, they did not.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 12:33 AM)
I'm just going to answer you both at once here and leave it at that. Yes shack, I watched the game, I wouldn't be commenting if I didn't. I'm not sure what the +- stat is supposed to mean. He was the highest of a whole 3 guys(and Kyrie isn't part of that) who had a positive +- for the Cavs. Durant had the absurd +- of 0 in the game, it's just a flawed stat. As for the play itself, LeBron did make a move to drive to the hoop, he ended up going left and got caught by the help. If he drives right, maybe he gets to the rim, maybe Dray is such a good defender he forces a tough shot, maybe Klay drops down and cuts him off and maybe Durant who is already sliding over when LeBron starts to drive meets him at the rim. We have no idea. What we do know is that Korver is insane from that left corner and LeBron thought it was the best play at the time. He missed, maybe Jordan's legacy isn't the same if Paxson and/or Kerr missed in those finals. Fortunately for us Bulls fans, they did not.

How many points did lebron score in the fourth?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 11:46 PM)
He could have drove at Green who had 5 fouls and no help underneath. Instead he hesitated and wound up driving left when help got there.

How Green didn't foul out was a miracle. He had 5 fouls with most of the 4th left. They should have went at him and taken him out of the game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)
I wouldn't hedge. I think Cleveland is dead after losing that.

I don't think LeBron was going for a triple double, he's just not single-minded enough. He could have taken the ball to the basket all night and he just got fatigued.

I don't ever want to hear anyone compare him to Michael again.

GMAFB. If you think MJ > LeBron I've got no problem with that. I don't think anybody does. But nothing about this series says " See, look. I told you MJ was better than LeBron." The only comparable team Michael saw his entire career that sniffs this Warriors team is the Celtics of '86 and '87 and he went 0-6 against them. LeBron was up against it from the start of the year and he knew it. He's been sensational this series (one play doesn't detract from that). Don't get me wrong. Do I feel sorry for LeBron? No. He started this superstar leave your original team in your prime for greener pastures. KD just went to the team that beat him. And for that he'll always be a beta b****. But no one man in nba history could take LeBron's place and beat this Warriors team. Nobody.