2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 15, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
But don't get it twisted. Nobody is beating GS four times. Healthy or otherwise.

I actually hope so. The media jumping on this "LeBron is close to Jordan" stuff going around now is nauseating (although if Cleveland beats this Warriors team...).

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
I actually hope so. The media jumping on this "LeBron is close to Jordan" stuff going around now is nauseating (although if Cleveland beats this Warriors team...).

Unless GS has some injuries, they had a couple last year, no way they get beat. This season was over before it began.

It is nice to watch a team like that play basketball, but just like Jordan's Bulls, when they are playing well, it's not much of a game, no matter who they are playing.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)

If LeBron overcomes this GS team in the finals (I don't think he will), there is a legitimate argument that LeBron is better than Jordan.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
Thanks for the thoughtful analysis

It's entirely true, though. The Bulls literally couldn't have done worse than they did this year. They're bad, out in the first round, they don't have a tier 1 superstar, their front office is still in tact. The Bulls are lodged in NBA hell.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ May 16, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
It's entirely true, though. The Bulls literally couldn't have done worse than they did this year. They're bad, out in the first round, they don't have a tier 1 superstar, their front office is still in tact. The Bulls are lodged in NBA hell.

hi-res-9772493752e59c6a54f8c2b2656964d8_

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 16, 2017 -> 05:00 PM)
If not for Michael Jordan, they'd be the Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

If not for Duncan and Pop, the San Antonio Spurs are the Chicago Cubs of the NBA.

Such a silly statement to make.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ May 16, 2017 -> 06:47 PM)
If not for Duncan and Pop, the San Antonio Spurs are the Chicago Cubs of the NBA.

Such a silly statement to make.

Because the Bulls have such a storied history, of stepping on their di**s.

sacramento is in really good position in this draft at 5 and 10. I really like this draft, glad we'll get some 5th year senior with injury problems and questionable athleticism.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 16, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
JB is in the same group as LBJ, Curry, Durant, etc?

Is he top 5? No. Is he top 10-12, a franchise guy and a national brand? Yes.

I still maintain that the Bulls would be stupid to trade Butler, a relatively cheap, All-Star/borderline super-star player, for a bunch of picks that odds say will not pan out and whose ceilings are right where Jimmy Butler is right now. And the FO knows this. They don't want to go through the 00's again with no headlining name. They have someone who will sell tickets and jerseys. They'll try to piece together a team around him.

And no matter what they do, they're not beating Lebron in the next 3-4 seasons unless he suffers an injury.

KC Johnson thinks Butler to Celtics is not gonna happen because when they discussed the Brooklyn pick in past discussions, Boston always wanted to put protections on the pick. Now that they have #1 overall, they are gonna turn around and flip it for Butler?

So here's going to be my offseason thing.

I have no idea how value works out.

But, I'd like Bulls to keep butler and do whatever they can to get Sacramentos #5 pick. I think there will be great value there.

You may ask what they give up. I really don't have an answer there. I doubt it's possible. but i hope it is.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:26 AM)
Is he top 5? No. Is he top 10-12, a franchise guy and a national brand? Yes.

I still maintain that the Bulls would be stupid to trade Butler, a relatively cheap, All-Star/borderline super-star player, for a bunch of picks that odds say will not pan out and whose ceilings are right where Jimmy Butler is right now. And the FO knows this. They don't want to go through the 00's again with no headlining name. They have someone who will sell tickets and jerseys. They'll try to piece together a team around him.

And no matter what they do, they're not beating Lebron in the next 3-4 seasons unless he suffers an injury.

I could see them doing this. I just think it's flawed thinking. Butler is really good. They need other really good players though and don't really have any avenue towards getting them. Butler is getting older and has played a ton of minutes. I could absolutely see Butler trying to force his way out of town in 1.5 years and the Bulls will be stuck not getting much back. They can't build a championship roster around Butler. They likely can't without him either but landing multiple superstars via lottery picks is a better alternative in my mind than what they are currently doing which is just wasting everyone's time.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)

But, I'd like Bulls to keep butler and do whatever they can to get Sacramentos #5 pick. I think there will be great value there.

You may ask what they give up. I really don't have an answer there. I doubt it's possible. but i hope it is.

I had the same thought. Everyone but Butler should be available for a trade to anyone in the top 6-7 picks. Move up, take a guy you are sold on as being a solid #2 and see what happens.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
KC Johnson thinks Butler to Celtics is not gonna happen because when they discussed the Brooklyn pick in past discussions, Boston always wanted to put protections on the pick. Now that they have #1 overall, they are gonna turn around and flip it for Butler?

If you aren't willing to trade the #1 pick, plus another high lottery pick for Butler...then i see no reason to move him.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 17, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)

Sacramento is an incredibly dumb organization but the Bulls really have nothing of value to trade other than Butler.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 17, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)
If you aren't willing to trade the #1 pick, plus another high lottery pick for Butler...then i see no reason to move him.

It doesn't have to be Boston though. I could see something getting done with Minnesota.