2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 4, 2017 -> 07:43 PM)
If I come out with a $500 shoe will you guys buy it? I'm a nicer guy than Lavar Ball, I swear!

How much do top basketball shoes cost nowadays anyway? Like the LeBron or Curry shoe?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
How much do top basketball shoes cost nowadays anyway? Like the LeBron or Curry shoe?

On Footlocker's website Lebron's go for $100-175.

It would be so awesome if this Kardashian-clone goes undrafted.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2017 -> 08:35 AM)
Can we just skip the conference finals and go right to the inevitable rematch?

The Warriors are going to win the West but the WCF is going to be must see tv no matter who they play. I don't want to completely skip over that.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 5, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
On Footlocker's website Lebron's go for $100-175.

It would be so awesome if this Kardashian-clone goes undrafted.

Yeah that's typical, sweet spot probably $150. Jordan's used to be pretty expensive, I wanna say they were like $220 but they would come in a huge box and had dvds and stuff.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
All I know is the kid is not going to make any friends in the NBA dropping a $500 shoe before even playing a minute. It definitely could rub a lot of vets and stars the wrong way.

I dont think vets are going to care about that.

I think vets are going to care when his dad starts saying stupid s*** about how much better his son is. Lavarr already started a fight with Lebron.

Lorenzo seems normal, Im not as in love with his game as some, and I thought it was funny when Fox took it to him in the NCAA tournament.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 5, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
I dont think vets are going to care about that.

I think vets are going to care when his dad starts saying stupid s*** about how much better his son is. Lavarr already started a fight with Lebron.

Lorenzo seems normal, Im not as in love with his game as some, and I thought it was funny when Fox took it to him in the NCAA tournament.

Him (or his dad) putting out $500 shoes is essentially saying his brand is better or more special than the rest of the NBA, before even getting drafted. If that doesn't show arrogance, I don't think what does.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ May 5, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
Him (or his dad) putting out $500 shoes is essentially saying his brand is better or more special than the rest of the NBA, before even getting drafted. If that doesn't show arrogance, I don't think what does.

People either will buy them or not. If a couple of years from now he has shoes that are a lot cheaper he will look like an ass. He pretty much has to be the next Jordan or LeBron for this not

to fail.

He could have Wades career which, whatever you think of him now, was pretty spectacular, and not sell $500 shoes.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 7, 2017 -> 07:24 PM)
These playoffs legit suck so far. Had high hopes for this round and holy disappointment.

Notice I haven't been posting nearly as much in here as I usually do come playoff time? I'm just waiting for the finals. The regular season and first 3 rounds of the postseason mean nothing. What's sad is this could be the case for the next couple years as long as LeBron is still LeBron and the Warriors are running 4 of the top 15 players in the game out there every night.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
Notice I haven't been posting nearly as much in here as I usually do come playoff time? I'm just waiting for the finals. The regular season and first 3 rounds of the postseason mean nothing. What's sad is this could be the case for the next couple years as long as LeBron is still LeBron and the Warriors are running 4 of the top 15 players in the game out there every night.

I read this and then think of all of the times you tell me that this is the greatest era of basketball ever.

When the season and the first three rounds of playoffs mean don't mean anything and are uninteresting, yet this is the greatest 🤔

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
I read this and then think of all of the times you tell me that this is the greatest era of basketball ever.

When the season and the first three rounds of playoffs mean don't mean anything and are uninteresting, yet this is the greatest 🤔

Stylistically, speed, skill, athleticism, schemes, etc. it is the greatest. I'm talking competition right now. We're going on a decade of not a single legitimate eastern conference team emerging (Rose's initial injury has had something to do with this) to challenge LeBron. And that trick ass s*** KD pulled last summer has totally f***ed everything up. We should be getting ready for an epic rematch of OKC/GS and instead we're going to get GS and the fricken boring as s*** limp dick Spurs. Sad.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
We should be getting ready for an epic rematch of OKC/GS and instead we're going to get GS and the fricken boring as s*** limp dick Spurs. Sad.

I'll be shocked if the Spurs beat Houston at this point.

The playoffs the last two years have been absolutely atrocious. Nothing but blowouts all over the place. People seem to forget about it because of having a great Game 7 of the NBA finals and Games 6 and 7 of the Western Conference finals being pretty good but there were very few competitive games last year. Even in the final that went 7 only game 7 was watchable.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 15, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
Really too bad Leonard got injured last night. The Spurs were absolutely destroying Golden State when he went down. If he isn't himself the rest of the series the Warriors will have had one of the easiest runs to the finals imaginable.

Zaza getting death threats. No Leonard or a compromised Leonard sucks ass. But don't get it twisted. Nobody is beating GS four times. Healthy or otherwise.