2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Rondo makes it the full year. Oh man, he was so freaking bad against Dallas. Like awful. Guy is a turnover machine. Don't know what is going on but terrible. Our bench sucks too by the way. Until I see some of our younger players develop under Hoiberg, I will continue to think Fred is a nice guy, but a lousy head coach. Really miss Doug and MCW, but Niko is a wreck, and Portis has done nothing but go backwards.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
I don't know if Rondo makes it the full year. Oh man, he was so freaking bad against Dallas. Like awful. Guy is a turnover machine. Don't know what is going on but terrible. Our bench sucks too by the way. Until I see some of our younger players develop under Hoiberg, I will continue to think Fred is a nice guy, but a lousy head coach. Really miss Doug and MCW, but Niko is a wreck, and Portis has done nothing but go backwards.

He played so well against the Cavs too.

I'm turning a bit on Hoiberg. This team is clicking offensively despite being one of the worst 3pt teams in the league and despite having an awful, awful bench. I give him some credit for that.

They need to trade Niko while he still has some value. Hopefully he can go on a 2 week run to show his potential then get rid of him.

Really sucked to lose that game to Portland. Totally winnable.

Sort of feel like MCW will be a big help because relying on Canaan for big minutes is brutal.

Gibson-Lopez-Wade-Butler is a real dominant force, but we can't use it late in fourth. I say screw that, just play them and force the other team to deal with not being able to rebound and lets roll the dice with Taj on perimeter defense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Really sucked to lose that game to Portland. Totally winnable.

Sort of feel like MCW will be a big help because relying on Canaan for big minutes is brutal.

Gibson-Lopez-Wade-Butler is a real dominant force, but we can't use it late in fourth. I say screw that, just play them and force the other team to deal with not being able to rebound and lets roll the dice with Taj on perimeter defense.

More than anything, this team needs to play some defense. They are just awful as a team. The front line is terrible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
More than anything, this team needs to play some defense. They are just awful as a team. The front line is terrible.

I think we just need to trade Portis or Niko. Clearly we like them and want to develop them but Portis playing out of position and Niko being awful are killing the team. Felicio as backup C is superior.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 06:30 AM)
Of course the Bulls won

I was there. It was an ugly game, but the victory was really never in doubt. Niko's shot fell a couple times, somehow. The crowd went bananas when Butler finally scored his first points in the 2nd half.

LaMarcus Aldridge - you are soooooooooooooo bad now.