Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins 6/28/2016

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:03 PM)
You can argue wanting Ventura and Hahn and KW GONE is being a bad fan...because being a "good fan" and supporting another middling .500ish team that has zero chance at the wild card without major additions (which will be bungled) is the definition of insanity.

Expecting different results from the same management team isn't wise. It's that simple.

The Bulls' fans are having the same arguments about going "all in" versus playing for draft position and seeing it as pointless to finish 8th in the Eastern Conference and then get run out of the building by the Cavs in 3.

The White Sox can't even argue about making the Wild Card being a BAD thing because they realistically don't have a chance anymore with this team.

If they realistically can't win and you bandwagon on other teams because you claim you appreciate good baseball, why do you spend so much time in game threads when bad baseball is being played?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
Do you hope at the beginning of a game the Sox lose.?Caulfield was OK posting tonight because his new favorite team, Cleveland was plying Atlanta, the worst he would do is break even.

Here we go...you can keep writing this in August and September when game threads are ghost towns, UNLESS JR orders a massive sell off and we have real, legitimate young prospects injected into the line-up.

You're the one who said Cleveland would cool off...you're also the one who said Danny Duffy and Brandon Finnegan were terrible. I think EVERY time you argue the opposite side of what I say, that player/manager/front office person takes off on a roll.

It's like Greg and his house bets.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
Actually felt like last year's team had more potential if Samardzija and Melky got it going. This current team has too many mediocre players with low ceilings trying to cover the holes.

I'm just talking about the actual baseball we are watching.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
If they realistically can't win and you bandwagon on other teams because you claim you appreciate good baseball, why do you spend so much time in game threads when bad baseball is being played?

Do you really think it will influence JR what anyone says on a messageboard, or Ventura?

It's called venting. If my Chinese wife understood baseball, and wasn't working right now....I would talk to her about it. Not that it would do any good.

EVENTUALLY, someone in the front office will take note of what the Indians and Royals (back in the day, the Twins) are doing, and try to either emulate them or maybe even try to beat them.

Edited by caulfield12

Ain't much one can do except tip the cap to Mr. Kyle Gibson. Dude just straight up owns the Sox. A right handed Bruce Chen if you will.

Mr Gibson's next start on Sunday against Texas will not go as well as tonight, however. He will have to face competent major league hitters in that one.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Do you hope at the beginning of a game the Sox lose.?Caulfield was OK posting tonight because his new favorite team, Cleveland was plying Atlanta, the worst he would do is break even.

I root for win until my team is eliminated then I root for a good draft pick. I love winning but I can also look into the future and see what meaningless wins can do.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
Here we go...you can keep writing this in August and September when game threads are ghost towns, UNLESS JR orders a massive sell off and we have real, legitimate young prospects injected into the line-up.

You're the one who said Cleveland would cool off...you're also the one who said Danny Duffy and Brandon Finnegan were terrible. I think EVERY time you argue the opposite side of what I say, that player/manager/front office person takes off on a roll.

It's like Greg and his house bets.

clevelamd will cool off. Finnegan is terrible have you seen his peripherals? Duffy has done OK. Certainly not a guy an opponent would not try to compete with because of their presence on the roster.

But go ahead and whine about Semien. Whine about Avi. When Duke gets lit up go tell us how you hated that signing from the beginning. Just don't go back and actually look at those threads, because what you wrote then won't match what you say now,

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Ain't much one can do except tip the cap to Mr. Kyle Gibson. Dude just straight up owns the Sox. A right handed Bruce Chen if you will.

Mr Gibson's next start on Sunday against Texas will not go as well as tonight, however. He will have to face competent major league hitters in that one.

Every single big out has been on a change. You'd think we'd scout that

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
I root for win until my team is eliminated then I root for a good draft pick. I love winning but I can also look into the future and see what meaningless wins can do.

so you wn them to win tonight. I can assure you Caulfield does not.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:12 PM)
clevelamd will cool off. Finnegan is terrible have you seen his peripherals? Duffy has done OK. Certainly not a guy an opponent would not try to compete with because of their presence on the roster.

But go ahead and whine about Semien. Whine about Avi. When Duke gets lit up go tell us how you hated that signing from the beginning. Just don't go back and actually look at those threads, because what you wrote then won't match what you say now,

LOL. I'm sure you will dredge them up.

See, even when a fan tries to be optimistic, it will be used against him later. So wouldn't it be easier if, like some here, I just came out against EVERY single move, and then claimed credit later when it didn't work out?

You're arguing against yourself...that I can't say anything positive or at least try to understand what the GM is attempting to do.

All that said, nobody here is paid to be GM of the White Sox. We can afford to be wrong in our evaluations, and it doesn't matter in real life.

Actually, go ahead. I would be interested in seeing what was written. I wasn't head over heels about Duke, he was a one year wonder concern from the very beginning. I don't remember being particularly excited about Samardzija. I was elated to get anything back for Jake Peavy, because I was never in favor of the extension in the first place.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
Every single big out has been on a change. You'd think we'd scout that

You can scout it all you want. The problem is that the Sox have hitters who are pretty terrible at making in games adjustments. Also very little need to throw strikes to Sox hitters. They will get themselves out as you are seeing tonight.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
so you wn them to win tonight. I can assure you Caulfield does not.

Because I want a team that has a realistic shot at the playoffs...failing that, the primary way this current ownership group has shown the potential to really improve the team has been Sale/Rodon/Anderson (high draft picks).