July 1st, 2016 - Chicago White Sox vs. Huston Astros - 7:10

hi8is

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
I look forward to watching the Sox game all day and then I just get aggravated watching them. And with JR and Hahn in charge, there doesn't seem to be any hope they will get any better any time soon. Sometimes it sucks being a Sox fan.

Hope is in short supply on the South Side and things won't get better anytime soon it appears. It's July 1 and the Sox are already completely out of the picture to win the Division.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
See this too often with our bullpen guys. We are trailing but still in it but they give up a couple extra runs

Yep, you always have the feeling late in the game that if they could hold them right here they'll come back and get 'em but then the bullpen gives up a few more runs and the game is out of reach. Frustrating.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 02:55 AM)
What was that bat flip by Valbuena all about

That should be a fineable offense. WTF. A bat flip? I was shocked.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 02:57 AM)
Sox look like they just want to get back to the hotel and crash. Challenging will just delay the inevitable shut out anyway I guess.

Too many games like that in the Robin era. The bats are dead; the team is dead.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:00 AM)
Give it up

Why Elrockin? Robin definitely should have challenged that. It was close and a helluva effort by Saladino.

p.s. Lawrie is so much better than Beckham. I will give him credit. he does try pretty hard.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
Wonder how many of the bullpen pitchers we've used this year will still be pitching in the majors in 2018?

Robertson and Jones. That might be it. Duke, maybe. He'll be looking for a new contract then.

Putnam and Jennings will still be around. Just maybe not on the Sox.

Fat Albers and Purke will be selling SUVs or Life Insurance.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:04 AM)
See this too often with our bullpen guys. We are trailing but still in it but they give up a couple extra runs

Glad there's one part of the team that even ElRockin calls out. The best fan in Sox history agrees our pen blows.

I still can't believe Hawk is only doing road games. Man, he's a glutton for punishment. Even good teams tend to play .500 at best on the road. And even bad teams have some exciting memorable moments at home.

Our team is built to have a lot of anemic road efforts. And with a shaky bullpen even the games you lead turn into sloppy adventures.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:10 AM)
Glad there's one part of the team that even ElRockin calls out. The best fan in Sox history agrees our pen blows.

I shocked myself too. But, I take that as a compliment :)

I still can't believe Hawk is only doing road games. Man, he's a glutton for punishment. Even good teams tend to play .500 at best on the road. And even bad teams have some exciting memorable moments at home.

Our team is built to have a lot of anemic road efforts. And with a shaky bullpen even the games you lead turn into sloppy adventures.

Hawk must hate being in his house. Only possible explanation.

This team just looks lost and dead offensively. No consistency. I want them to win as much as anyone else, but I think it's time to start being realistic. This team will probably float around .500 for the rest of the season.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:00 AM)
I look forward to watching the Sox game all day and then I just get aggravated watching them. And with JR and Hahn in charge, there doesn't seem to be any hope they will get any better any time soon. Sometimes it sucks being a Sox fan.

I am with you but my thought is each game is a new game and it's even 0-0 when the game starts

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:14 AM)
I shocked myself too. But, I take that as a compliment :)

I'm serious when I call you the best fan ever. WIsh I could be like El Rockin. Optimistic and not bitter.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 03:16 AM)
This team just looks lost and dead offensively. No consistency. I want them to win as much as anyone else, but I think it's time to start being realistic. This team will probably float around .500 for the rest of the season.

Rinse repeat of last season. Team will hang around .500 then hit a helluva tailspin after the break and dat will be dat. I'd say team upside: .500. Possible downside: As many as 8-10 under .500.

Bottom line is whether they're a few under or right at 81 wins...It's not enough.

I hate that Shields trade more and more every day.

We needed a bat EVERY DAY....NOT A 34 y/o 1 out of 5 who we can argue over...did he go over a "+" inning in a loss?

And he's $22M for 2 more f***ing years.

Clownshoes.

Edited by CB2.0

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
Bottom line is whether they're a few under or right at 81 wins...It's not enough.

I hate that Shields trade more and more every day.

We needed a bat EVERY DAY....NOT A 34 y/o 1 out of 5 who we can argue over...did he go over a "+" inning in a loss?

And he's $22M for 2 more f***ing years.

Clownshoes.

Trading for James Shields is not preventing them from acquiring a bat lol Johnson and Tatis wouldn't be enough to bring in a big enough bat to help this team.