Offseason Trade Prediction

hi8is

You've got one shot at calling one deal in the offseason. Go!!

Quintana to the Yankees for Fraizer, Torres, Sanchez, Severino, and Rutherford.

Why? Because it'd be comically awesome.

Edited by hi8is

White Sox do a whole lot of nothing.

Hahn: "We anticipate a very competitive post season race in '17, and feel it's best to reconsider any potential trades for next deadline. We're very content going into spring training as is."

KW: "I'm a competitive guy. Who says we can't compete next year with the moves we've made this winter? Tell me, who?"

Outcome 1) If Hahn and KW are here for some reason, expect some more retooling. Sign some old, washed up veterans to fill in gaps in CF, C and DH etc.. They will try to bring back Robin, but he will leave on his own-- so they hire Sandy Alomar Jr to replace him-- another white sox-- JR guy. Same story, different corporate puppet.

Outcome 2) If JR has the decency to finally do what's right and move on from KW and Hahn (their contracts expire after this season), and he brings in a new GM from outside the organization, than I expect a full blown rebuild. We are talking new scouts and a new philosophy from the top down. He will even have the ability to hire his own manager and coaching staff. The new GMs first big move,trade Sale to a team for a kings ransom-- the rebuild begins.

Sadly, I believe outcome #1 is the more likely of the two scenarios. This organization is a joke and will continue to operate in the same manner. Apparently they believe one of these seasons, they will finally catch lightning in a bottle and 'outsmart' their competition. I mean who needs depth in the farm? That's soo overrated!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 06:25 AM)
Outcome 2) If JR has the decency to finally do what's right and move on from KW and Hahn (their contracts expire after this season)

Was this confirmed? I'd do Hawkins-like backflips if EVERYONE'S contracts were up after this horrible crap season.

It doesn't mean they won't be back, but it lessens the likelihood, i'd think.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 07:25 AM)
Outcome 1) If Hahn and KW are here for some reason, expect some more retooling. Sign some old, washed up veterans to fill in gaps in CF, C and DH etc.. They will try to bring back Robin, but he will leave on his own-- so they hire Sandy Alomar Jr to replace him-- another white sox-- JR guy. Same story, different corporate puppet.

Outcome 2) If JR has the decency to finally do what's right and move on from KW and Hahn (their contracts expire after this season), and he brings in a new GM from outside the organization, than I expect a full blown rebuild. We are talking new scouts and a new philosophy from the top down. He will even have the ability to hire his own manager and coaching staff. The new GMs first big move,trade Sale to a team for a kings ransom-- the rebuild begins.

Sadly, I believe outcome #1 is the more likely of the two scenarios. This organization is a joke and will continue to operate in the same manner. Apparently they believe one of these seasons, they will finally catch lightning in a bottle and 'outsmart' their competition. I mean who needs depth in the farm? That's soo overrated!

I'd be totally fine with Sandy Alomar as manager.

QUOTE (daggins @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 07:29 AM)
Was this confirmed? I'd do Hawkins-like backflips if EVERYONE'S contracts were up after this horrible crap season.

It doesn't mean they won't be back, but it lessens the likelihood, i'd think.

They mentioned it on ESPN radio. It could be one of the reasons why they made minimal moves at the deadline. Perhaps Jerry has finally seen enough and told KW and Hahn to stand pat because he plans on cleaning house upstairs? I'm not sure Mr. Loyalty himself will do this at the age of 80, but has there ever been a better time to do it?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:44 AM)
I'd be totally fine with Sandy Alomar as manager.

Anybody is better than Robin and at least Sandy has some coaching experience, however for once can they hire a guy with previous successful MLB managing experience?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
Anybody is better than Robin and at least Sandy has some coaching experience, however for once can they hire a guy with previous successful MLB managing experience?

I DOUBT it, but any chance we would see Gardenhire? Not saying whether he would be good or a disaster. But wondering if experience and availability would factor in to the FO's decision? Got a feeling that the clubhouse may be gettimg tired of having sandlot managers

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
however for once can they hire a guy with previous successful MLB managing experience?

No way in hell. He'd want to bring in ALL his own staff/coaches. That doesn't play around these parts. Sox only hire desperate people.

------------

I predict Sale has a meltdown at some point calling somebody a naughty word again which will "force" the Sox to trade him (can't abide by insubordination). They will trade him for a youngish position player and a couple of prospects. Add a couple replacement FAs and be "all in" for 2017.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
I DOUBT it, but any chance we would see Gardenhire? Not saying whether he would be good or a disaster. But wondering if experience and availability would factor in to the FO's decision? Got a feeling that the clubhouse may be gettimg tired of having sandlot managers

I hope not. I'd rather have almost anyone than Gardenhire. He's a baseball dinosaur.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
No way in hell. He'd want to bring in ALL his own staff/coaches. That doesn't play around these parts. Sox only hire desperate people.

------------

I predict Sale has a meltdown at some point calling somebody a naughty word again which will "force" the Sox to trade him (can't abide by insubordination). They will trade him for a youngish position player and a couple of prospects. Add a couple replacement FAs and be "all in" for 2017.

They will not trade him for a youngish position player and a couple of prospects unless it's like Mookie Betts, Moncada, and Denintendi

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
Price and Porcello fail to get it done down the stretch and Dombrowski's hand is forced...

Sale and Melky to the Red Sox for Betts, Devers, and Groome

I just don't think they'll touch their major league roster. Would love it but I don't know. That's why I made the Moncada, Benny, Kopech, Devers and Vaquez deal.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
I just don't think they'll touch their major league roster. Would love it but I don't know. That's why I made the Moncada, Benny, Kopech, Devers and Vaquez deal.

If they're allowed to keep Benny and Moncada, I think that they could be convinced to deal Betts or Bradley. They have A LOT of offensive talent on both the major league and minor league rosters.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)

So sad but so true. It's pretty pathetic how invincible Coop and KW are. That 2005 championship bought them both lifetime contracts with this organization. Note to the new manager (Sandy Alomar)-- don't even think about bringing in your own pitching coach. :bang Not that I blame Coop for this crapstorm of an organization, it's just ridiculous how content everyone upstairs is with the status quo. When you fail over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (8 years since last playoff birth) and your approach is relatively the same (retool), something is definitely wrong here.

My guess is they approach the offseason like 2017 is still the last in a three-year window to compete. They go out and add a few more average pieces to try to paper over the holes from this year. And if it doesn't work, they raise the white flag and are big time sellers at the 2017 trade deadline.

If they get an offer they can't refuse on Sale or Q in the offseason though, with some MLB-ready pieces they can plug right into the lineup, they pull the trigger.