2016 Presidential Election Thread

Quin

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
HARRY ENTEN 11:58 PM

There’s going to be a lot of talk about white voters after the election, but looking at the exit polls, that’s not the full story. A big part of the story is that Clinton underperformed Obama with blacks and Hispanics. Clinton is winning only 88 percent of the black vote. Exit polls in 2012 had Obama at 93 percent. Clinton is only at 65 percent among Latinos. Obama won 71 percent of them.

How only 2/3 of Latinos voted for Clinton when Trump said what he said is just insane.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
How only 2/3 of Latinos voted for Clinton when Trump said what he said is just insane.

I think there's a sizeable part of the latino community that is just as much anti-amnesty as others. They got here the hard way and don't like the people coming the illegal way.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
I think there's a sizeable part of the latino community that is just as much anti-amnesty as others. They got here the hard way and don't like the people coming the illegal way.

One thing that popped up previously is the religious aspect of the Latino community. They have been traditionally very anti-abortion and anti-Gay marriage. I wonder if the religious aspect beat the racial one?

And I agree with whoever said it earlier, let's get rid of the f***ing outdated nonsense that is the electoral college. Trump may win that too but this could very possibly be the 2nd time in less than 20 years we elect a president that didn't even get the most votes. That is absurd.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
I just can't comprehend this...how were the polls SO WRONG? They've never been this off before.

This election was unlike any other. Everything that we consider to be normal or reliable must be doubted in this race.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:22 PM)
This election was unlike any other. Everything that we consider to be normal or reliable must be doubted in this race.

Trump should have been squashed like a bug but everyone was ready for the first women president even though she sucked.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:27 PM)
The Canadian immigration website has crashed.

This might seem like a joke, but for people who might actually be affected by Trump: Muslims, Latinos, LGBT, there might be an actual reason to pursue immigration.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
This might seem like a joke, but for people who might actually be affected by Trump: Muslims, Latinos, LGBT, there might be an actual reason to pursue immigration.

it's not laughing matter for sure, I see he gets a 4 year audition and if he sucks bigly, he'll get ousted sorta of like Rauner will.

it'll just be damage control and walking on thin ice for a bit.