2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 28, 2017 -> 04:01 AM)
Man, I love the lunacy in the last couple pages of this thread. College football fans are an overly defensive bunch who can't see straight when they look in the mirror.

For going 7-5?

yeah...Todd Graham at ASU goes 7-5...and beats rival UofAnus and loses his job. I personally think Graham and AD Ray Anderson just had a major personality conflict. I'd have been ok if they'd have fired him last year...but this year...no. They've had different coordinators 3 years in a row...now this will be 4 years. Graham also wasn't just about Ws either. The grad rate and GPA for everyone on the team has climbed significantly since he's been here. And also the number of undisciplined penalties they used to have. I don't claim Todd Graham as a perfect coach...but for ASU...I thought he did a pretty good job. Would have liked to have seen a bit better recruiting wins....

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 28, 2017 -> 04:01 AM)
Man, I love the lunacy in the last couple pages of this thread. College football fans are an overly defensive bunch who can't see straight when they look in the mirror.

For going 7-5?

As a person.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 04:13 PM)
Holy s***. A Purdue coach turned down Tennessee? Damn. Ouch.

Read he accept d but AD couldn’t get the chancellor on board with the terms, so Brohm declined the new terms. If true, they may be worse than Illinois.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Clay Travis started that rumor. Trying to save face.

Ya and a bunch of others already shot down Travis' rumor cause it's stupid and Clay Travis is stuipd.

EDIT: I'm just going to leave that typo there because calling someone stupid and then misspelling it is wonderful.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
Starting to think some crazy "big name" retired player a la herm edwards start to get the calls.

hand off...he's ASU's! Pretty sure that's been in the works for quite some time (between the AD and Edwards...who were buddies. Actually the AD used to be Edwards agent IIRC).

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 07:14 PM)
hand off...he's ASU's! Pretty sure that's been in the works for quite some time (between the AD and Edwards...who were buddies. Actually the AD used to be Edwards agent IIRC).

And I like the hire sorta! But saying that type of “name” non traditional hire may be next.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 07:18 PM)
And I like the hire sorta! But saying that type of “name” non traditional hire may be next.

it's either a home run....or huge flop. Supposedly he's keeping the coordinators (which I'm happy with)...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
Edwards is going to need a lot of help recruiting in today’s college atmosphere. Recruiting is 75 percent of what makes you good.

completely agree. And that was one of Ray Anderson's main points of contention with Graham (which he did ok...not great...but ok). IMO...Graham was more about "molding" young men...to become better men...better students...better sons...etc. It wasn't strictly all about W's with him. He and Anderson just had a personality clash I think. It'll be interesting to see what Herm Edwards will actually bring to the table in terms of recruiting.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
I still think at this point Tennessee will end up with someone "better" than we expect, but what a crapshow.

Starting to think some crazy "big name" retired player a la herm edwards start to get the calls.

I read a name that makes perfect sense for Tennessee I think...USC Trojan and former Vol QB Tee Martin. He wants the job. He's been having OTJ training the past handful of years. Loves the school. I'd say why not Tee Martin?

Bosa being named B10 defensive lineman of the year is funny.

Nick Bosa: 28 tackles, 12.5 TFL, 6.0 sacks, 47 QB pressures, 19 stops

Mo Hurst Jr: 58 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, 46 QB pressures, 37 stops

Chase Winovich: 84 tackles, 17.0 TFL, 8.0 sacks, 49 QB pressures, 48 stops

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
Currie out at Tennessee lol.

He tried to hire Leach without the approval of the President I believe. Now there are rumors that Leach doesn't want to go there anymore.

Besides him screwing up the process, that's also another awful hire. I clamored for Leach at Illinois, but he would get destroyed at a program like Tennessee.