MArtes - 47

Clint Frazier - 48

Derek Fischer - 53

Estevan Florial - 70

Kevin Maitan - 71

Kevin ENwman - 87

Juan Soto - 94

Fernando Tatis, Jr - 100

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
Burger, Dunning, Hansen, and Robert all has a chance to crack the top 100 by year end.

Sort of shocked to see no Robert on either of this last 2 lists, especially the top 100. I think people just don't know here to put him.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
Sort of shocked to see no Robert on either of this last 2 lists, especially the top 100. I think people just don't know here to put him.

I'm not that surprised. Badler has said a lot he focuses only on the INTL guys pre-signing, so the rankers would be trying to fit int hat opinion with their own without having seen him in person (unlike draft picks).

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)

I think the new ranking of 45 for Robert is about right. Traditionally guys aren't ranked in the upper echelon without showing success in pro ball. Robert may skyrocket through the list once we get a better look at him in A ball next year.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 12:25 PM)
I think the new ranking of 45 for Robert is about right. Traditionally guys aren't ranked in the upper echelon without showing success in pro ball. Robert may skyrocket through the list once we get a better look at him in A ball next year.

Agreed. No qualms about 45. Thought not in top 100 was strange.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)
Wide disparity between BP and BA on Juan Soto. BP has him #12, BA has him #94.

Soto at #94 sounds about right to me at this point. He does not have the speed to profile as a center fielder long term, forcing his bat to play up as a corner outfielder.

I like him, but he needs to prove both health and success in the minors before calling him a top 50 guy.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
Soto at #94 sounds about right to me at this point. He does not have the speed to profile as a center fielder long term, forcing his bat to play up as a corner outfielder.

I like him, but he needs to prove both health and success in the minors before calling him a top 50 guy.

Pretty crazy that all 5 of our top 100 have entered our system since last season ended.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that Hansen & Dunning didn't make the list. Hell, I think it's absurd that Collins didn't make the list, but I can at least somewhat get the logic there. Hansen & Dunning have both been amongst the best pitchers in their draft class and also have high enough ceilings (especially Hansen) to warrant spots in the 75 to 100 range.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
I think it's pretty ridiculous that Hansen & Dunning didn't make the list. Hell, I think it's absurd that Collins didn't make the list, but I can at least somewhat get the logic there. Hansen & Dunning have both been amongst the best pitchers in their draft class and also have high enough ceilings (especially Hansen) to warrant spots in the 75 to 100 range.

I think you'll see them make the list if they are doing what they are doing now in AA. They are college pitchers that have been brought along fairly slowly.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)

Having Estevan Florial at 71 seems pushed to say the least. Hansen not in the top 100 is a bit of a joke, he was considered to go #1 overall in '16 and has delivered on his promise so far as a pro. Dunning's lack of recognition is a bit of a joke too.