2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 11:44 AM)
Maybe I haven't squared up with how little our WR and QB talent (with Glennon not Trubs tha God) will hurt our offense or schedule,

but I am heading into this season feeling pretty positive. I don't know. I just think we could really inflate our performance with power run offense plus TE pass game, and a top 10 defense.

If they could manage to get lucky in the health column, they could surprise. Im not saying playoffs(although crazy things happen in the NFL every year), but definitely better than 3 or 6 wins.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 11:47 AM)
If they could manage to get lucky in the health column, they could surprise. Im not saying playoffs(although crazy things happen in the NFL every year), but definitely better than 3 or 6 wins.

Maybe just like having a couple weeks where we have "playoff scenarios" past november I guess.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 09:44 AM)
Maybe I haven't squared up with how little our WR and QB talent (with Glennon not Trubs tha God) will hurt our offense or schedule,

but I am heading into this season feeling pretty positive. I don't know. I just think we could really inflate our performance with power run offense plus TE pass game, and a top 10 defense.

Pretty good shot we start the year 1-5 / 0-6. That isn't even indicative of us being bad or anything along those lines but purely on the fact that we are going to be playing teams better than us each of the 1st six weeks. Most of which are significantly better than us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
Patrick Finley‏Verified account @patrickfinley 23m23 minutes ago #Bears released their depth chart. No surprises, really; Unrein starts at DE, Deonte Thompson to KR, Bryce Callahan to PR

https://twitter.com/patrickfinley/status/905493563097669633

I would say that Long, McPhee, and Amukamura being listed as active counts as a surprise

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
I would say that Long, McPhee, and Amukamura being listed as active counts as a surprise

They were treating Long similar to the Sox with Rodon, so had no idea what to expect. Good to have him available for sure.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
I wonder why Cohen isn't returning kicks.

he might come game time. Bears pretty much kept him under wraps for the most part the last 2 games. I don't think they wanted to show their hand with him...or TE usage very much. We'll see. Glad Trubs is #2. The stiff giraffe better figure out how to get out of the pocket or he'll get killed back there.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 03:16 AM)
I really thought Chiefs had no chance yesterday after the first half. Pretty crazy to see Alex Smith throw a couple deep balls and shred the Pats at Gillette.

Many times on this board, I've said that I think Alex Smith is one of the more underrated passers in this league. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's.