8/7 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 04:32 PM)
Adams and Davis at least bring intrigue. Adams could be up with the big club next year if he continues to pitch well.

Sure. Just not one of those days where we have that eye popping lineup out there.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 04:30 PM)
http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20170807

Charlotte- Volstad

Birmingham- Adams

Winston Salem- Off

Kannapolis- Davis

Great Falls- Agar

AZL- ?

Also, according to Robert's Instagram, it looks like he might of injured his foot. Looks pretty swollen

Another injury prone international signing

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 05:48 AM)
I wonder how long Dedelow has to destroy rookie ball before the Sox move him up..

The K rate with that level of power is super impressive, even if it's somewhat a product of the Pioneer Leauge.

Really sucks we have such a glut of OFs in the lower minors, because he'd be a guy that I'd like to push to Winston-Salem next year. I hate the idea of a 23 year old starting off in low A. These type of guys should pushed to see if you potentially have a real prospect. Worried he'll suffer the same fate as Booker and eventually rot on the bench behind the big name guys.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 06:16 AM)
The K rate with that level of power is super impressive, even if it's somewhat a product of the Pioneer Leauge.

Really sucks we have such a glut of OFs in the lower minors, because he'd be a guy that I'd like to push to Winston-Salem next year. I hate the idea of a 23 year old starting off in low A. These type of guys should pushed to see if you potentially have a real prospect. Worried he'll suffer the same fate as Booker and eventually rot on the bench behind the big name guys.

If they don't force themselves into the lineup somewhere over the course of 140+ games and numerous injuries to teammates, they're not good enough to be at least average big leaguers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 07:36 AM)
If they don't force themselves into the lineup somewhere over the course of 140+ games and numerous injuries to teammates, they're not good enough to be at least average big leaguers.

You're missing my point. Winston-Salem is going to be loaded with outfielders next year. Rutherford, Adolfo, Fisher, Call, & Gonzlaez are all candidates to land there. Robert will be up at some point. Booker & Schnurbusch probably deserve playing time there as well. Even with injuries, Dedelow is going to struggle to push his way into an everyday role at Winston-Salem.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
You're missing my point. Winston-Salem is going to be loaded with outfielders next year. Rutherford, Adolfo, Fisher, Call, & Gonzlaez are all candidates to land there. Robert will be up at some point. Booker & Schnurbusch probably deserve playing time there as well. Even with injuries, Dedelow is going to struggle to push his way into an everyday role at Winston-Salem.

Yep. We may have 4 "legit" (used loosely) outfielders likely in Kanny and W-S, and will need to use the DH. Destino too is performing well.

They could move Fisher to 1b.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 08:04 AM)

For that reason I think Dedelow will be getting regular playing time in A ball. If he continues to perform then the Sox will find a way to move him up.

Skoug is proving why he fell so far in the draft, he absolutely can't make enough contact.

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 11:11 AM)
For that reason I think Dedelow will be getting regular playing time in A ball. If he continues to perform then the Sox will find a way to move him up.

Skoug is proving why he fell so far in the draft, he absolutely can't make enough contact.

The problem CWS is pointing out is that there's already a glut destined for WS next year and there's no room for Dedelow at WS. As things look right now, the starting OF for WS would be Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez with Fisher and Call on the bench. No room for Dedelow. Only way to not only make room for Dedelow but also get him playing time would be to ( as has been suggested ) move Fisher to 1B and move Call to Birmingham which would leave WS with four outfielders and Fisher as a 5th OF. Or, move both Fisher and Call to Birmingham which I admit , neither are worthy of at this time. This is quite the conundrum.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)
The problem CWS is pointing out is that there's already a glut destined for WS next year and there's no room for Dedelow at WS. As things look right now, the starting OF for WS would be Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez with Fisher and Call on the bench. No room for Dedelow. Only way to not only make room for Dedelow but also get him playing time would be to ( as has been suggested ) move Fisher to 1B and move Call to Birmingham which would leave WS with four outfielders and Fisher as a 5th OF. Or, move both Fisher and Call to Birmingham which I admit , neither are worthy of at this time. This is quite the conundrum.

I don't see an issue with starting Dedelow out in A ball next season. If he performs well I'm sure they can make room for him in WS?

Yeah unless your name is Joel Booker I wouldn't really worry about finding a spot. But Fisher/Booker are going to feel the squeeze. CF as well might be less than ideal for full reps. Basabe/Rutherford are likely to run into each other unless Basabe has a really good august that lends Wsox to think that this trend of slow adjustment/strong second half is worth pushing into AA.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 01:14 PM)
Yeah unless your name is Joel Booker I wouldn't really worry about finding a spot. But Fisher/Booker are going to feel the squeeze. CF as well might be less than ideal for full reps. Basabe/Rutherford are likely to run into each other unless Basabe has a really good august that lends Wsox to think that this trend of slow adjustment/strong second half is worth pushing into AA.

Fisher and Booker have become pretty fringy prospects anyways. Each are 23 years old and are flirting with the Mendoza line in A+ ball. I'm not totally writing either of them off, but they are trending towards organizational depth rapidly as better prospects enter our system.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 8, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)

Why can't Gonzalez stay in Kanny to start the year? Having too many legit OF prospects is a better problem than not having enough.