Yankees shopping Clint Frazier

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 03:55 PM)
I believe I through out a Severino/Judge/Mateo hypothetical and the general consensus was it was too light. If only we knew what those first two players would develop into just a year later.

Not even the Yankees could have predicted the enormous year that Judge had. He always had great power potential, but my God he mashed this season.

Severino had a breakout year, and Mateo righted the sip at the correct time for him to be part of the Gray deal.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Funny how that works... Then again, I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams ever even gave Judge a ceiling of what he did last year. Severino has had some pretty big hype though and wasn't as much of a surprise.

Yeah and anyone would be shocked if Judge did that again.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 04:07 PM)
Yeah and I would honestly be shocked if Judge did that again.

Everyone would be shocked if he was able to repeat 2017. He will have plenty of lineup protection, so who knows?

This lineup is disgusting...

1. Brett Gardner, LF

2. Didi Gregorius, SS

3. Giancarlo Stanton, DH

4. Aaron Judge, RF

5. Gary Sanchez, C

6. Greg Bird, 1B

7. Aaron Hicks, CF

8. Gleyber Torres, 2B

9. Chase Headley, 3B

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Everyone would be shocked if he was able to repeat 2017. He will have plenty of lineup protection, so who knows?

This lineup is disgusting...

1. Brett Gardner, LF

2. Didi Gregorius, SS

3. Giancarlo Stanton, DH

4. Aaron Judge, RF

5. Gary Sanchez, C

6. Greg Bird, 1B

7. Aaron Hicks, CF

8. Gleyber Torres, 2B

9. Chase Headley, 3B

Wasn't Judge hitting 2nd this year? I assume he would just stay there. Still nasty anyway you line them up.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Wasn't Judge hitting 2nd this year? I assume he would just stay there. Still nasty anyway you line them up.

Not sure where Judge was batting, but they have a ton of outfield talent with Judge, Stanton, Ellsbury, Frazier, Hicks all under contract and Florial/Cave in the pipeline. No wonder the had no issues dealing Rutherford, Fowler and Mateo.

I would guess:

1. Brett Gardner, DH

2. Aaron Judge LF

3. Giancarlo Stanton, RF

4. Gary Sanchez, C

5. Greg Bird, 1B

6. Didi Gregorious

7. Aaron Hicks CF

8. Gleyber Torres, 2B

9. Miguel Andujar, 3B (Headley just dealt)

Corners will rotate a lot between those spots and DH for days off.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
I would guess:

1. Brett Gardner, DH

2. Aaron Judge LF

3. Giancarlo Stanton, RF

4. Gary Sanchez, C

5. Greg Bird, 1B

6. Didi Gregorious

7. Aaron Hicks CF

8. Gleyber Torres, 2B

9. Miguel Andujar, 3B (Headley just dealt)

Corners will rotate a lot between those spots and DH for days off.

I'd be shocked if the Yankees started two young, unproven rookies in the infield to begin the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bring Frazier back. Also, makes Yolmer Sanchez much more appealing for the Yankees given his defensive ability to play 2b and 3b at a high level...

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
I'd be shocked if the Yankees started two young, unproven rookies in the infield to begin the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bring Frazier back. Also, makes Yolmer Sanchez much more appealing for the Yankees given his defensive ability to play 2b and 3b at a high level...

I just meant at some point. I'm sure they will sign a stop-gap, backup IF to open the year. Darwin Barney if they want someone cheap to fill in temporarily and defend really well makes sense.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
I just meant at some point. I'm sure they will sign a stop-gap, backup IF to open the year. Darwin Barney if they want someone cheap to fill in temporarily and defend really well makes sense.

Gotcha. I think they really liked what Frazier did there last year especially during the playoffs. He seems like a logical vet presence/bridge to a young player like Andujar. But I really do think a guy like Yolmer is a perfect fit for them too because of his defensive versatility. They should have enough offense already and could easily get away bating a guy like Sanchez 9th that provides premium defense.

QUOTE (Superstar Lamar @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
I wonder if they could make a play on Frazier by taking on a bad contract like Ellsbury

I would assume it would be the full contract and I personally don't want the Sox to be paying Ellsbury over the next 3 years. Plus, who knows if he would even waive his no-trade clause.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
Yolmer Sanchez for Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, and Jacoby Ellsbury?

On paper that's not an unfair deal...but that also shows how insane the return needs to be if we're both giving up a pre-arb 2 win player and taking back $60 million. A top 100 guy, a former top 20 guy coming back with him. It sounds unbelievable and probably is.

Yeah, forget Ellsbury. He's not going anywhere. Gardner is the Yankee to focus on. If the Sox were willing to take on Gardner and his salary, it would alleviate the need for the Yanks to rotate their outfielders through the DH spot and would leave a hole there.. Expand the trade to Yolmer/Abreu (Yanks new DH) for Gardner/Frazier/Sheffield/McKinney. If that's not enough, tell Cashman that Dombrowski is on the other line offering Benintendi. :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Yeah, forget Ellsbury. He's not going anywhere. Gardner is the Yankee to focus on. If the Sox were willing to take on Gardner and his salary, it would alleviate the need for the Yanks to rotate their outfielders through the DH spot and would leave a hole there.. Expand the trade to Yolmer/Abreu (Yanks new DH) for Gardner/Frazier/Sheffield/McKinney. If that's not enough, tell Cashman that Dombrowski is on the other line offering Benintendi. :D

He's actually not getting paid terribly though. And is actually good.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)
I just posted in the other thread, but at $10m/year, they would be looking to get a couple prospects for him at that price (no top prospects of course).

I'm clearly interested if we're talking about top guys. I'm not sure I'm as interested if we're talking about iffy guys. Our system is pretty full with that right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
I'm clearly interested if we're talking about top guys. I'm not sure I'm as interested if we're talking about iffy guys. Our system is pretty full with that right now.

I meant Yankees dealing him at 10/ year would probably want some low-level prospects back. He should have value at that price. No way they would deal Ellsbury, half his contract and then a prospect like Frazier on top of it to a team.

Edited by soxfan2014