4/4/18 GT: White Sox vs Blue Jays

TheTruth05

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 07:07 PM)
Engel with a terrible defensive series. This bullpen is horrendous

White Sox org relief pitchers by projected FIP (per ZiPS):

Joakim Soria - 3.19

Nate Jones - 3.71

Xavier Cedeno - 3.79

Gregory Infante - 3.81

Juan Minaya - 3.81

Luis Avilan - 3.89

Robbie Ross - 4.15

Thyago Vieira - 4.16

Bruce Rondon - 4.18

Jeanmar Gomez - 4.26

Rob Scahill - 4.41

Jace Fry - 4.41

Danny Farquahar - 4.53

Aaron Bummer - 5.01

Hector Santiago - 5.79

bold = in AAA

Some bizarre roster choices.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 09:21 PM)
He has some cutler-esque body language when things go wrong

the Sale trade has me worried, but way too early on any of those 3 players to call it...don't need them this year anyway, we need them to be legit in 2 years.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 08:23 PM)
the Sale trade has me worried, but way too early on any of those 3 players to call it...don't need them this year anyway, we need them to be legit in 2 years.

Wayyy too early to worry much. Maybe moncada isn’t a phenom like Harper and Bryant who were studs at 22, but there’s a lot there to suggest he’s gonna be a really really good player at 25

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 08:24 PM)
Wayyy too early to worry much. Maybe moncada isn’t a phenom like Harper and Bryant who were studs at 22, but there’s a lot there to suggest he’s gonna be a really really good player at 25

Moncada is already a good player by basically any metric. This isn't directed at you but the general Moncada worries. He's a net positive on both offense and defense (in 2017, at least)

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 08:25 PM)
I guess i'm pleased at how this series has gone despite possibly getting swept because the difference between a contending team and a rebuilding team on the upswing is a cromulent bullpen.

Agree, Rick Hahn has his work cut out for him in building this pen

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 09:24 PM)

I agree. WAY too early.....The issue I have is Moncada has had a bit of trouble avoiding high K rates and Kopech, while having an electric arm, has yet to prove he can command his stuff over the long haul. I like Basabe but he's further out. Considering what the Sox gave up at least two of these guys have to become frontline players.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2018 -> 08:27 PM)
Moncada is already a good player by basically any metric. This isn't directed at you but the general Moncada worries. He's a net positive on both offense and defense (in 2017, at least)

Moncada is totally the dude on OOTP with the 35 hit tool and a 40/70 overall rating that is 22 and hits 220/320/420 and then explodes to 270/380/530 next year. Let's hope that's the case and not the thing that also happens where that guy is forever a mediocre starter and only has one or two years where he's near All-Star.

Edited by chitownsportsfan