4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN

8 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I seriously doubt the FO thought it would be this bad.  In a normal organization, jobs would be on the line, including the vaunted pitching coach, who, despite his rep.,  has rarely fielded a top staff despite some top talent.

I think you're being totally ridiculous. Please take a deep breath and calm down.  

Hahn likes to say that development isn't linear and its true, it's very rare for a player to come to the bigs and be an instant success for a sustained period of time. Development still happens at the major league level. Pitchers need to learn how to pitch against top competition and on nights where they don't have their best stuff. Hitters need to learn how to face pitchers who have control of multiple quality pitches and guys out of the pen who throw 95mph+

The team traded away all of its top ML talent (except Abreu and Avi) and outside of the core young guys (Moncada, Anderson, Lopez, Giolito and Fulmer), the team is mostly full of fringe MLB talent, which is by design. While the window is closed and the young guys are figuring it out, the team can get good draft position, get another top pick and more INTL money to spend to fortify the org's talent base (I know they can't sign anyone over $300k, I'm just saying).

I'm sure the players will perform better as the season goes along but this going according to plan. 

RELAX

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Some people aren't prepared for this shit LOL.

I knew it could get bad.  I'm all in for the struggle, as longs as we start to see some success with these young kids once they're here.   I'd say they're allowed to b**** about the performance of players from game to game, but anything about the FO or people needing to be fired for this current team is bullshit, and I am honestly tired of seeing people b**** about the product on the field, when this is to be expected.

Yaasss my thoughts exactly

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Some people aren't prepared for this shit LOL.

I knew it could get bad.  I'm all in for the struggle, as longs as we start to see some success with these young kids once they're here.   I'd say they're allowed to b**** about the performance of players from game to game, but anything about the FO or people needing to be fired for this current team is bullshit, and I am honestly tired of seeing people b**** about the product on the field, when this is to be expected.

This post needs to be pinned

• Like 2

The entire lineup has been terrible so let’s not get carried away blaming one or two guys. I would say it’s only one game but this  has been a constant display of inept offense, defense or pitching or a combo. I think the players will come together and turn this around 

Edited by elrockinMT

Just now, elrockinMT said:

The entire lineup has been terrible so let’s not get carried away blaming one or two guys. I would say it’s onlynonevgame but this  has been a constant display of inept offense, defense or pitching or a combo. I think the players will come together and turn this around 

I'm ok with people blaming Avisail Garcia. He has like 3 days to suddenly catch fire or he has no trade value.

1 minute ago, RockRaines said:

I think they just suck

While that's probably a lot of it, I'm not sure I could do my job very well having witnessed what they did in the dugout.  Professional baseball players (like Professional Engineers or any other profession) are not accustomed to watching their coworkers go from all good and happy to fighting for their lives.

4 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

While that's probably a lot of it, I'm not sure I could do my job very well having witnessed what they did in the dugout.  Professional baseball players (like Professional Engineers or any other profession) are not accustomed to watching their coworkers go from all good and happy to fighting for their lives.

The Sox were 4-11 going into yesterday’s game. They just suck.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic