5-15 GT - Sox @ PIT - 6:05pm CST

Soriano had two god-level years with UZR in his first two season with the Cubs. DRS liked him that much in one of those years as well, though DRS rightly (I think) had it all riding on his tremendous arm whereas UZR was giving Soriano massive range which I don't believe he was truly covering (at least functionally)

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Soriano had two god-level years with UZR in his first two season with the Cubs. DRS liked him that much in one of those years as well, though DRS rightly (I think) had it all riding on his tremendous arm whereas UZR was giving Soriano massive range which I don't believe he was truly covering (at least functionally)

You love your advanced stats this year, don't you :)

Nights like tonight are why I don't mind the Sox running Engel and Thompson out there until they hit.  This young pitching is going to have enough problems on their own, let alone with the defense giving away entire innings worth of outs in games.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Even Kamka tweeted that they caught a break

Blatantly safe, but not overturned. Then they called Culberson out at 3rd when he was clearly safe but they had no challenge left. You won't see two worse consecutive calls.

Lopez' mediocre peripherals catching up with him.
I would have  liked to see Beck pitch more..he was rolling and has pitched well in spots this year..see what he can do over many innings.

3 Top pitching prospects up.  Progress, Don Cooper?  Is everybody protected in this org?

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Lopez' mediocre peripherals catching up with him.
I would have  liked to see Beck pitch more..he was rolling and has pitched well in spots this year..see what he can do over many innings.

3 Top pitching prospects up.  Progress, Don Cooper?  Is everybody protected in this org?

Not true.