The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

1 minute ago, credezcrew24 said:

Ok? The point still stands. Someone who is physically more mature is going to beat someone of the same natural talent level who is less physically mature

Your point does not stand. What's more likely, that Alec Bohm is facing 18-22 year olds whose bodies have physically matured, or that Alek Thomas is facing 14-18 year olds whose bodies have physically matured? 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I am all in on Kloffenstein now.  Please survive the day!

Was gonna ask who does everyone want tomorrow. I'm almost afraid to say my guy since it seems a Rays scout is scouring this board when I say picks or something. 

15 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Your point does not stand. What's more likely, that Alec Bohm is facing 18-22 year olds whose bodies have physically matured, or that Alek Thomas is facing 14-18 year olds whose bodies have physically matured? 

I'm confused on your position, but I think we actually agree here. An all-encompassing approach to physically at a young age isn't cut-and-dry

4 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

I'm confused on your position, but I think we actually agree here. An all-encompassing approach to physically at a young age isn't cut-and-dry

I think more to the point of the poster isnt that he is phyically mature. Its that his father had him on a better workout regimen than most kids his age. This is why he has less room to improve than others not that he was naturally physically more mature.

Edited by ptatc

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think more to the point of the poster isnt that he is phyically mature. Its that his father had him on a better workout regimen than most kids his age. This is why he has less room to improve than otgers not tgat he was naturally physically more mature.

👍 that is a solid opinion

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think more to the point of the poster isnt that he is phyically mature. Its that his father had him on a better workout regimen than most kids his age. This is why he has less room to improve than others not that he was naturally physically more mature.

Right. The idea is that he is apparently thought to be maxed out physically, and not much room for projection.

Some interesting quotes from Hostetler in the Sun-Times article on Steele Walker:

Steele can play center field. He’s a plus runner with plus power, average to above average hit tool, above average plus arm, just a pure all around left-handed bat.

The run, arm and power are all about a grade above where most others have him while the hit might actually be lower.

Also forgot about it until now, but Walker and Madrigal should know each other because they played on the collegiate national team together last summer.