GT: Detroit @ Chicago, 1:10 CT, 6/16/18

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Literally turn on the game and the first pitch Giolito gives up a three run bomb. Fuck this, I’m taking a breather.

It has not been fun watching him and Yoan. I'm leaving for the day in 15 min and excited to not be tempted to watch.

Just now, DirtySox said:

And there's the Giolito I know.  Even though he's throwing strikes for the most part, the fastball isn't good. He get's so few swinging strikes on regardless of what he throws.

Not a major leaguer. Is it too late to ask for Soto instead of him?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It has not been fun watching him and Yoan. I'm leaving for the day in 15 min and excited to not be tempted to watch.

Yoan, Kopech, Gio all struggling. Key trades keying rebuild are not coming up aces. Rey is decent and Dunning has potential, but still wait and see there. The Cubs trade still looks very good. Nats  trade right now is a push, Boston trade favors Boston. At least right now. 

Edited by kwolf68

1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

Yoan, Kopech, Gio all struggling. Key trades keying rebuild are not coming up aces. Rey is decent and Dunning has potential, but still wait and see there. The Cubs trade still looks very good. Atlanta trade right now is a push, Boston trade favors Boston. At least right now. 

Atlanta trade?

Just now, kwolf68 said:

Damn. I meant Washington. I am not sure why I always get those teams mixed up. 

Wash trade looks good. It's the Sale trade that is scary right now, as that was the one you needed to alter your franchise. Way too early to make a final decision on it, but it has been a dismal season for Moncada and Kopech.

Just now, fathom said:

Wash trade looks good. It's the Sale trade that is scary right now, as that was the one you needed to alter your franchise. Way too early to make a final decision on it, but it has been a dismal season for Moncada and Kopech.

I would not say the Nats trade looks good. Gio is a hot mess, Reynaldo is decent but nothing earth shattering. Dunning could factor into this of course, but he's still a couple of levels out, though early returns on him look good. To me, it's even and could go either way. Eaton's injury problems have helped this trade "lookgood", but when he has played he's a terror. 

Rebuilding year and the bit.hing doesn't stop... Ridiculous. Its gonna take some time and trial and error. Don't like it? Follow the yankees, dodgers or red Sox who buy everybody...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Rebuilding year and the bit.hing doesn't stop... Ridiculous. Its gonna take some time and trial and error. Don't like it? Follow the yankees, dodgers or red Sox who buy everybody...

Although I agree with you, just because we are rebuilding doesn't mean our prospects should look this awful. It's tough to deal with losing, even if you know bad times are coming. I'm not expecting them to be great right now but I want to see significant progress towards the end of the year. 

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Better AB from Yoan. Lineout to right, got to a full count 

Definitely better, but that 3-1 92 mph fastball down the plate is a pitch he should be crushing and not weakly fouling off. When he starts doing that, he'll start racking up extra base hits again.

1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

I would not say the Nats trade looks good. Gio is a hot mess, Reynaldo is decent but nothing earth shattering. Dunning could factor into this of course, but he's still a couple of levels out, though early returns on him look good. To me, it's even and could go either way. Eaton's injury problems have helped this trade "lookgood", but when he has played he's a terror. 

Lopez is pretty damn good IMO.  It’s not all clicking yet, but I think matter of when not if.  And Dunning is rapidly shooting up the prospect charts.  I think he has one of the higher floors of all minor league pitching prospects and will very likely be an effective major league starter.  Getting two long-term rotation pieces out of that trade would be a huge win.  The idea of getting 3/5 of a rotation out of one trade while fun was always a total pipedream.