A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Very well said. A pick in range of 7-10 next year would have been fine if the young guys played well. No one wanted to see nearly all of them underperform this year, even if it means a top 3 pick.

I get it. Think back to 2015 though. The Sox won some game that didn't matter and had Benitendi stolen away from them. I'd rather have that stud then some victory no one remembers.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Quick poll. Not trying to start a fight. You all know I despise Soria. So the question is ... do you want us to blow this lead and lose cause of the tank/draft pick issue?

Greg's take: I want my nemesis Soria to dominate and us to WIN!

So win or lose, folks. What do you want. Please speak now.

Good Soria = He gone!

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Very well said. A pick in range of 7-10 next year would have been fine if the young guys played well. No one wanted to see nearly all of them underperform this year, even if it means a top 3 pick.

We’re going to have to live with Moncada and Anderson...but what, if anything, do we have in Davidson and Yolmer?  RH platoon DH and a utility infielder?

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Somebody turned Soria around. Coop? Abreu? Somebody deserves credit and we fans need to know. 

He and Shields have both been playing around with different arm angles to give the hitters different looks and perhaps more movement, especially to LH batters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Interesting.  The A's broadcast crew noting that Dustin Fowler was initially going to be in the Yankees/White Sox trade last year until the injury happened.

I wonder if that was instead of Rutherford or someone else?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

He and Shields have both been playing around with different arm angles to give the hitters different looks and perhaps more movement, especially to LH batters.

Some GM of a contending team truly would have to have balls to trade for this version of Soria. Of course most divisions are gonna be runaways cause of so many tank jobs, etc., so .... Anyhow you give up 2 great prospects for this version of Soria? Risky cause he could turn into the Jack the Royals fans knew and despised and the one who was awful before he got fixed. At any rate I can be a man about it and give him credit for a job well done for a month now. He's earning his money the last 4 weeks.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Some GM of a contending team truly would have to have balls to trade for this version of Soria. Of course most divisions are gonna be runaways cause of so many tank jobs, etc., so .... Anyhow you give up 2 great prospects for this version of Soria? Risky cause he could turn into the Jack the Royals fans knew and despised and the one who was awful before he got fixed. At any rate I can be a man about it and give him credit for a job well done for a month now. He's earning his money the last 4 weeks.

Soria is just gonna get you some organizational filler like Ryan Cordell or Casey Gillaspe. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic