Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

15 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Jared Goff has made some Rodgers esque throws today

Goff was absurd last night. He made the game look as easy as I've seen any QB.  The accuracy on his balls was phenomenal. Was dropping dimes the whole night. Their weapons are absolutely dynamic. 

It is one thing that I hate to bring up, but I really think the Bears offensive weapons are still extremely subpar. Yes, they upgraded from last year, but that doesn't take much.  The Bears top weapons were literally on the street from a year ago.  That might change if Shaheen ever becomes good/dynamic (or at the very least hopefully a good red zone target) but Gabriel is an overpaid gadget guy who is a nice compliment but is nothing special (not knocking Gabriel...he is what he is). 

Robinson needs to prove he's above average again...will be interesting to see if as he gets more confidence (and just further and further into game shape) and Mitch starts throwing a better deep ball if we will start to see some big play potential. His current play has been on-par with a good possession receiver.  Burton has shown nice hands but has yet to flash dynamic skills (albeit he certainly looks solid).  And Miller is currently hurt and while he's flashed at times, he isn't a proven commodity (yet). 

We know Cohen is a weapon when he gets the ball in space, but he hasn't made a lot of plays in the slot / true receiving game thus far.  Part of the above also probably is compounded by the new system and young QB having early season struggles as well. That said, when you watch the Rams, you saw a lot of guys open and flashing and a ton of routes.  Hopefully in time the Bears weapons, along with the rest of the offense, prove to be more capable than they have shown thus far.  A lot of money was spent...but remember, they were upgrading from a 1971 Ford Pinto.  I actually look to see White get more involved this week. 

Doesn't help that the Bears have seen such little return the past couple years from high picks / FA signings at the skill position (White / Shaheen / Wheaton / Simms).   

37 minutes ago, Tony said:

Prince out of the lineup could be a big loss. Bears D is strong, but thin...

The only hope is the Bears Front 7 dominates Tampa’s OL and Keep Fitz on his back because if he has time they’re gonna burn Tolliver with those great WRs they have.Mitch and Nagy need to make Burton their best friend this week.

Edited by TheTruth05

3 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

The only hope is the Bears Front 7 dominates Tampa’s OL and Keep Fitz on his back because if he has time they’re gonna burn Tolliver with those great WRs they have.Mitch and Nagy need to make Burton their best friend this week.

Or we can just hope that bad Fitz returns, he is due. He showed up.in the first half vs Pitt, this hot streak wont last forever.

But I agree that Evans and DeSean will be open tomorrow

44 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Or we can just hope that bad Fitz returns, he is due. He showed up.in the first half vs Pitt, this hot streak wont last forever.

Agreed Fitz is definitely not going to have the time to throw he’s had the first 3 games, make him uncomfortable and bad Fitz will return. But I still feel Bears will have to score more than 16 if they wanna win this one.

6 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I want the Bears to surprise me but I think TB is gonna score too many points for the developing offense to keep up. TB wins tomorrow.

It’s nice to at least go into a game thinking the bears can win. Not saying they will but I can at least see scenarios we could win. Offense will have to play better and defense will need to make plays and rattle Fitz. Should be a good game but I agree, if I were a betting man my lean would be Tampa, especially with the bears secondary banged up. Bucs have some nice offensive weapons in Evans, Howard, Jackson, and Galloway. 

23 hours ago, Tony said:

Prince out of the lineup could be a big loss. Bears D is strong, but thin...

Be interesting to see how the UDFA rook Toliver responds.  He's got that talent...enough so he could have easily been a 1st or 2nd round pick...but he's really going to have to step up today.

22 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

👍