yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Oh my lord please fire Bruce.

He just said Mike Trout is making the most money this year at 32 million.

Edited by Sockin
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

This is going to drag into the regular season.

Sox get an extra year of control if they wait until April 15th.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Im just sharing what I heard and joining the conversation . sorry to offend.

Not offending anyone. Just have to understand we've had multiple people over the last week come in & play insider. 

Just now, Sockin said:

Parkins is challenging him and Levine is mumbling his way through this.

I can't stand Parkins, but this is making him grow on me

Just now, mqr said:

I can't stand Parkins, but this is making him grow on me

He goes well with McNeil, they cover a lot of bases together.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

I kind of like the ideas that it was Lozano or Boras, but anyone that doesn't think Lozano was calling out the Sox here is in denial.

I dunno. I can guarantee you it wasn’t Lozano admonishing two reporters by name and borderline accusing them for tampering/negotiating through the media because he was the source feeding them the information to begin with. 

I also don’t believe he’s admonishing the Sox here. The risk of alienating them by calling them out publicly is too great. 

This was a response the the SI article that was published. Clearly that angered the Sox FO and they let Lozano hear about it. My guess is they threatened to withdrawal entirely. Thus the strong admonishment of two reporters in particular. 

This could have been handled in a much more benign fashion but clearly was instead intended to be a harsh rebuke of leaks that were hurting his client as well as the Sox’ reputation. 

My guess is the leak came from Philly.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Just now, SoCalSox said:

Not offending anyone. Just have to understand we've had multiple people over the last week come in & play insider. 

I get it. appreciate you pointing that out. Hey Id love to be wrong, for myself and to shove it to Bruce and Bob

1 minute ago, iamshack said:

I dunno. I can guarantee you it wasn’t Lozano admonishing two reporters by name and borderline accusing them for tampering/negotiating through the media because he was the source feeding them the information to begin with. 

I also don’t believe he’s admonishing the Sox here. The risk of alienating them by calling them out publicly is too great. 

This was a response the the SI article that was published. Clearly that angered the Sox FO and they let Lozano hear about it. My guess is they threatened to withdrawal entirely. Thus the strong admonishment of two reporters in particular. 

This could have been handled in a much more benign fashion but clearly was instead intended to be a harsh rebuke of leaks that were hurting his client as well as the Sox’ reputation. 

My guess is the leak came from Philly.

I don't understand what all your guessing adds except more confusion. 

1 minute ago, pcq said:

I don't understand what all your guessing adds except more confusion. 

Well, that doesn’t surprise me.

3 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Bruce just said Olney is accurate and said he (Levine) doesn't lie because it would ruin his credibility.

Bit late for that Bruce.