yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is there a specific tweet you’re referring to?  I’m not seeing much smoke there.

Yeah, you’re right. I went back and read through, not much smoke, more just opinions.

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Also they would definitely wanna get this out very soon to create major buzz for Soxfest. Can't imagine too many tickets have sold for that as of now.

Right. It's not something to announce there. They would want to announce it ASAP to create more buzz and possibly sell more tickets.

13 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

He's been saying that for weeks now.   I wouldn't consider that "smoke" necessarily.  Obviously, I trust our guys here(rabbit, bucket, dave) as they've proven to be reliable before but it just seems like there's so much misinformation going around.  I wouldn't be surprised if this thing drags into February and I wouldn't be surprised if he's signed before I finish typing this.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with us and I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with the Yankees or Phillies.  Just a whole lot of who the hell knows(still) at this point.

Edited by Rowand44

17 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So now all the smoke is around the Yankees again today? I don’t know how much longer my heart can take this.

The scariest part for me is yankees were definitely in a position where they could just sit and wait and then propose a last offer. They didn't need to be aggressive, so sox could have put in an offer that looked good and feel confident in, then if yankees decide to match it at 90%...the deal could blow up.

But I certainly hope the signings and acquisitions of the sox mean they weren't just doing that as a guess.

55 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Damn italians.....

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c360a4f4979757445

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

The scariest part for me is yankees were definitely in a position where they could just sit and wait and then propose a last offer. They didn't need to be aggressive, so sox could have put in an offer that looked good and feel confident in, then if yankees decide to match it at 90%...the deal could blow up.

But I certainly hope the signings and acquisitions of the sox mean they weren't just doing that as a guess.

That’s what I’ve been thinking, and I think I mentioned it earlier, but I think we all know the Sox will most likely have a higher offer than the Yankees. It’s more of a matter of how much more money do we need to offer. $30 million, $40 million, $50 million...?

Just now, KnightsOnMintSt said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking, and I think I mentioned it earlier, but I think we all know the Sox will most likely have a higher offer than the Yankees. It’s more of a matter of how much more money do we need to offer. $30 million, $40 million, $50 million...?

30 million and 2 friends?  30 million and 3 friends? 40 million and 2 friends?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c360a4f4979757445

Yeah we can call my Uncle Vito to mess this guy up. (Yes, I actually have an Uncle Vito) 

16 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

WSCR had a reporter on this morning from New York and he kind of said it best.  Both of these organizations are pretty buttoned up and nobody really knows what each front office is doing.

Yankee fans want Machado but as he pointed out for the last three years they were getting Harper now they are getting Machado.  His sources said the yanks would not go over $270M but he felt that was more then they actually would. 

He really had no idea where Machado would go.

Just to add a little, he said he was told the Yankees were thinking a contract would be in the $220M - $270M range, but they would be at the low end. He said they haven't offered a contract because it just seems like Machado is just sitting around and nothing is really happening.

6 minutes ago, G&T said:

Just to add a little, he said he was told the Yankees were thinking a contract would be in the $220M - $270M range, but they would be at the low end. He said they haven't offered a contract because it just seems like Machado is just sitting around and nothing is really happening.

White sox need offer  8 years $280M stop messing around and get it done if yankees don't go $250M they have no chance.

Edited by peavy44

2 minutes ago, G&T said:

Was this Sherman?

Just now, bmags said:

Was this Sherman?

Wallace Matthews

6 minutes ago, G&T said:

So lets say the Yankees are at 7-year, $220 million and the Sox are at 7-year, $270 million, do we think that is enough for us to land him?

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So lets say the Yankees are at 7-year, $220 million and the Sox are at 7-year, $270 million, do we think that is enough for us to land him?

If it isn't then the White Sox are more irrelevant than we've thought

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

My wife would kill me if I turned down 5-10k more money for another job....50 million reasons seems good to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

$50m seems significant (a little over $7m per yer), especially when you are talking about over the same amount of years.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

$50m seems significant, especially when you are talking about over the same amount of years.

It does, but assuming all the offers will equal, I think its a safe assumption that Manny would choose the Yankees over the White Sox. So over the same 7-year period, how much more do we need to spend?

If it's for the same number of years, it should be. Especially because NY taxes would take about $10 mil more from Manny than IL taxes.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

That would be brutal if 7 million per year more would not be enough. That is above the 20% tax we've discussed here previously.

It does, but assuming all the offers will equal, I think its a safe assumption that Manny would choose the Yankees over the White Sox. So over the same 7-year period, how much more do we need to spend?

Why would many turn down $50M more from white sox he wouldn't.

Just now, peavy44 said:

I don't care how many turn it down, just as long as Manny doesn't.

Was Herrerra just offered to press or was there a press conference that got all these quotes?

6 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I dont know why he would turn down that much money, but if Machado chooses the Yankees, he is going to be leaving a lot of money on the table from the Sox and Phillies. Is it $50 million, I dont know, but he'll leave a lot of money on the table regardless.

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I dont know why he would turn down that much money, but if Machado chooses the Yankees, he is going to be leaving a lot of money on the table from the Sox and Phillies. Is it $50 million, I dont know, but he'll leave a lot of money on the table regardless.

We all thought it was a terrible system when the yankees would just overwhelm the top FA every year with money, probably worse when the yankees get them on a discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1