yesterday333

Manny: All Quiet on the Rumor Front

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

How do you know all of this?

Do you think the Sox front office isn’t reading this ?    They are.     Sorry I’m not able to say.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

notHahn, sadly I believe that at this point you should no longer try to get info from this source. If he voluntarily offers it, great, but it seems what with his irritation with whale questions that he may have gotten yelled at/talked to about the leak. Honestly, he was probably feeding you some fake info at this point. I'd bet money that the Sox monitor this forum, especially when there is info that they are annoyed with leaks. Good luck. 

• Like 2

Also do not take this as they are not signing either. This is how some in the org feel at this moment. This seems like it is changing on a daily basis. Almost feels like the FO is on this rollercoaster with the fans. 

I tend to think that Hanh will sign one. I think that when you are too close to the situation you can't see the whole picture. They have to sign with someone. 

Or they told the source some bullshit story cause they know info is leaking. In the end I believe we will be shut out. Gonna have to overpay just to make a statement. Years of penny pinching and bargain hunting does that

1 minute ago, NotHahn said:

Also do not take this as they are not signing either. This is how some in the org feel at this moment. This seems like it is changing on a daily basis. Almost feels like the FO is on this rollercoaster with the fans. 

I tend to think that Hanh will sign one. I think that when you are too close to the situation you can't see the whole picture. They have to sign with someone. 

Oh. Thanks for that great info. I guess? 

12 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I was kind of afraid of that so I went back and deleted that message but you guys keep mentioning that. shhhhhh

I deleted my post. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This sounds like Machado and Harper are using the Sox for negotiating leverage and nothing more. Seems like neither are remotely interested in signing here, but they aren't going to say that publicly because their market is small to begin with

Yep. 

10 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

Actually was a member a long time before but I’m old and forgot my info.    I’m posting because this is ridiculous.    Also my first home game was in 1973 so I’m not some guy who doesn’t love the Sox.    All I can say is Rick is working so hard on this.   

Still wondering what D Day means for Monday?

Just now, Saufley said:

Decision day hopefully 

Edited by beckham15

Guess the next big news to hit today will be any hints from the Boras camp...then the Phillies’ fans can be down in the dumps when no contract is signed.  Although at this point, I guess we’re 50% rooting for Harper to sign with Philly, right?

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This sounds like Machado and Harper are using the Sox for negotiating leverage and nothing more. Seems like neither are remotely interested in signing here, but they aren't going to say that publicly because their market is small to begin with

Disagree. I think either or both would absolutely sign here if the Sox hit their respective numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

Do you think the Sox front office isn’t reading this ?    They are.     Sorry I’m not able to say.  

I would think the Sales and Marketing groups monitor these boards a bit. But if Baseball Ops are, that’s insane. I can save them the time right now. What all of us want is the best White Sox team possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Saufley said:

Negotiations could have been nearing an apex at the end of this week and it may be believed that real, final progress may be made after the weekend. In other words, if they all took the weekend off of negotiations, they all have a critical point in negotiations to begin or finish on Monday.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Guess the next big news to hit today will be any hints from the Boras camp...then the Phillies’ fans can be down in the dumps when no contract is signed.  Although at this point, I guess we’re 50% rooting for Harper to sign with Philly, right?

20%,  I'm 80% rooting for him to sign with a certain team from a certain town, starts with a White, ends with a Sox.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Sourced explained how much time and effort was put into these presentations.

I don't mean to be flip, but isn't this about offering the most $$$?

• Like 1

Just now, GreenSox said:

Listen, this person probably worked very hard on their presentation and it was very good!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would think the Sales and Marketing groups monitor these boards a bit. But if Baseball Ops are, that’s insane. I can save them the time right now. What all of us want is the best White Sox team possible.

They're still fans that have spare time and might want to be entertained by rumors, etc.

Just now, GreenSox said:

Yep, both these guys want paid, a presentation doesn’t mean anything to these guys.

I’ll tell you this White Sox drafting would have been way better if they just let soxtalk pick first three rounds.

11 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

So you have a source in the front office? That's awesome. What a waste of time to be monitoring this board though

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I’ll tell you this White Sox drafting would have been way better if they just let soxtalk pick first three rounds.

But Soxtalk is terrible framing pitches. 

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

So you have a source in the front office? That's awesome. What a waste of time to be monitoring this board though

No one is making you read it, but let’s face it the suspense can’t get you away from it so you will continue to do so until one is signed, just like everyone else here is doing 🙂

The real question is are the Machado and Harper camps monitoring us?

Just in case they are:  I have always considered Scott Boras to be a wonderful person.

• Haha 3