4 on track for '19 HOF

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'm surprised Halladay is getting that high vote %;  he really wasn't better than Mussina and Mussina struggled to get in.  Glad to see those 4 make it.

I think part of it is the back log finally starting to clear up.

19 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I'm surprised Halladay is getting that high vote %;  he really wasn't better than Mussina and Mussina struggled to get in.  Glad to see those 4 make it.

A tragic young death always plays a part when human emotion is in play, that definitely helped his %.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Halladay was a much more dominant pitcher and was more of a workhorse than Moose was.  Moose just had a longer and more durable career.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

People will vote the death and that's fair. But Halladay was just a lot more dominant at his peak and that makes it easier to remember. Two time Cy Young and finished in the top 3 five times. Mussina finished top 3 once and of course never won one. I dont think he was ever the best pitcher on his team during the Yankee years.