Jump to content
southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Cohen leads the Bears in drops this year. Maybe you can chalk that up to terrible QB play, but you can't be James White if you can't catch.

Not sure if its possible to get the statistics, but in my opinion White runs many more sub 5 yard routes than Cohen does. Those are easy catches. Similar trend with Montgomery. Many times hell be wide open 5-10 yards out and Trubisky will try and throw downfield for a much more difficult completion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I actually don't mind him. He catches everything. Problem is, his catch radius isn't overly large. I think analytics showed he was the 4th sure handed WR in football last year.

I want to see what Wims and Ridley can do. I like Miller, despite the tension with 10, and Robinson is awesome. They have the potential to be a really good WR group. While Gabriel does catch everything, and he's not completely useless, he has to be wide open to actually be open. That doesn't happen often in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want to see what Wims and Ridley can do. I like Miller, despite the tension with 10, and Robinson is awesome. They have the potential to be a really good WR group. While Gabriel does catch everything, and he's not completely useless, he has to be wide open to actually be open. That doesn't happen often in the NFL. 

I agree with all of that. It's funny how Shelley and Ridley were verbally blown all July and August yet they've been active for a combined like 4 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

Not sure if its possible to get the statistics, but in my opinion White runs many more sub 5 yard routes than Cohen does. Those are easy catches. Similar trend with Montgomery. Many times hell be wide open 5-10 yards out and Trubisky will try and throw downfield for a much more difficult completion. 

Well Cohen did have the game where he caught 9 passes for 19 total yards.  Plenty of sub 5 yard routes in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Well Cohen did have the game where he caught 9 passes for 19 total yards.  Plenty of sub 5 yard routes in there.

 

And he caught 75% of the passes, which is nearly identical to White's career average. Albeit smaller sample size, Cohen has a higher reception percentage than White (74.2% to 73.9%). 

But the idea of the short route is its the equivalent of a run. If you run 20-30 times, plenty of them are going to be for 3 yards or less. But if you get Cohen in space enough eventually he gets loose. Its a low risk play, and it makes the game simpler for Trubisky.

 

Edited by Soxbadger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Your franchise QB, everyone....

 

 

I don't really have an issue with that statement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's a paid professional that has put up a miserable performance on the field,  and a major complaint is that he can't process the defense in front of him quick enough. 

And he's worried about the TV's on at Hallas because people are being critical of their play? Don't want the media to do their job, Mitch? Play better. 

No. Bears need to tune out outside noise and focus on getting better. Mitch needs to do the same.  At the same time...weekly breakdowns of every missed throw are absurd and unnecessary.  Sit back and let things play out.  He is most likely a bust and him being a bust has nothing to do with him making such a statement. Media talking about it just highlights some of the major issues with the media (or more the make-believe media / twitterverse of instant absolute reaction or as I call it JP syndrome).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

 

I have no idea who that person is. No one like Biggs, Jahns, Finley, etc has confirmed that. 

I also have no idea why they switched Daniels and Whitehair before the year to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish Mitch cared 5% of learning full playbook in 3 years, instead of worrying about TV’s being on at Halas Hall wtf!

Edited by Soxfest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Wish Mitch cared 5% of learning full playbook in 3 years, instead of worrying about TV’s being on at Halas Hall wtf!

The guy is just trying to say he is tuning out the negativity.  I highly doubt he is walking around Halas hall asking for all the TVs to be turned off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tony said:

Yeah, this is garbage Jason. Sorry, but you don't live here. All 53 of the Bears roster could have robbed every 7-11 in Lake Forest last season and no one would have blinked an eye. They were media darlings. Everyone ate up Club Dub, Nagy did a ton of media, players had weekly radio appearances, they were rock stars.

Those same rock stars told us coming into this season, this was a Super Bowl or bust year. The same team that was a kicker away from going to a Super Bowl were all coming back, they got their new RB, locked and loaded and ready to go.

Don't paint the media as the enemy here, that's bull. This is one of the most disappointing seasons in Bears history, and that's not on the media. It's on Ryan Pace, Matt Nagy, Mitch Trubisky and the rest of the 53 man roster. I'll say it again: You don't want to hear the chatter...play better.  

No - The fans and media have messed up.  I don't care that I don't live in Chicago, I see it all the time and the Bears have so many meathead fans. It isn't unique to the Bears and it is the absurd world and mess that twitter and instant everything has created.  If Mitch sucks its cause he stinks, but people decided he was the worst after 1 game and berated every single little throw. It was pathetic.  

And I know they were all rockstars last year. They were never as great as everyone thought they were a year ago and they probably aren't as bad as everyone thinks they are right now.  I'm done defending Mitch because he is absolutely part of the problem. Him, Nagy, TE and the oline are in fact that biggest issues on this team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

 If Mitch sucks its cause he stinks, but people decided he was the worst after 1 game and berated every single little throw. It was pathetic.  

There were plenty of people who said "It was 1 game". I said that.  I was wrong, the people who were berating him  after every throw in game 1 were right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There were plenty of people who said "It was 1 game". I said that.  I was wrong, the people who were berating him  after every throw in game 1 were right. 

No. I said than, that he might end up sucking and be terrible...but that one game alone wasn't going to be the reason wasn't. You weren't wrong than and they were wrong than. The outcome might be the same, but coming to that type of conclusion with such minimal evidence was and always will be wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

No. I said than, that he might end up sucking and be terrible...but that one game alone wasn't going to be the reason wasn't. You weren't wrong than and they were wrong than. The outcome might be the same, but coming to that type of conclusion with such minimal evidence was and always will be wrong.  

1 game wasn't a lot of evidence, but people complaining about that 1 game did not "mess up" and it wasn't "pathetic". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tony said:

We just don't agree on this issue, at all....but I still like you :) 

Don't worry...I like you too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I have no idea who that person is. No one like Biggs, Jahns, Finley, etc has confirmed that. 

I also have no idea why they switched Daniels and Whitehair before the year to begin with.

Daniels was a C in college. Ask Dan Hampton about Whitehair at C. I saw something the other day that basically said Whitehair was the best G in the division. So sure, move him back to C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 1:54 PM, Tony said:

Yeah, this is garbage Jason. Sorry, but you don't live here. All 53 of the Bears roster could have robbed every 7-11 in Lake Forest last season and no one would have blinked an eye. They were media darlings. Everyone ate up Club Dub, Nagy did a ton of media, players had weekly radio appearances, they were rock stars.

Those same rock stars told us coming into this season, this was a Super Bowl or bust year. The same team that was a kicker away from going to a Super Bowl were all coming back, they got their new RB, locked and loaded and ready to go.

Don't paint the media as the enemy here, that's bull. This is one of the most disappointing seasons in Bears history, and that's not on the media. It's on Ryan Pace, Matt Nagy, Mitch Trubisky and the rest of the 53 man roster. I'll say it again: You don't want to hear the chatter...play better.  

This doesn't mean they shouldn't tune it out. You can't focus on improving if you're are only worried about what everyone else is saying. The media has every right to say they suck, because they do. But in the locker room they should tune it out and only worry about getting better. It does absolutely no good to continually hear how bad Trubiskey is when there is no alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Daniels was a C in college. Ask Dan Hampton about Whitehair at C. I saw something the other day that basically said Whitehair was the best G in the division. So sure, move him back to C. 

Dan Hampton was a great player but he's a babbling moron who can't put a sentence together on TV. Whitehair was fine at G but Daniels was a wreck at C, meanwhile last year they were both good with Whitehair at C and Daniels at G. I know C is Daniels' natural position from his days at Iowa, but it's been tough to watch this year.

 

30 minutes ago, Boogua said:

If he stays healthy in 2010 and 2011, I think they win a championship. They were rolling in 2011 especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This doesn't mean they shouldn't tune it out. You can't focus on improving if you're are only worried about what everyone else is saying. The media has every right to say they suck, because they do. But in the locker room they should tune it out and only worry about getting better. It does absolutely no good to continually hear how bad Trubiskey is when there is no alternative.

You probably know this better than me, but it really just depends on the person. Some people can take the negative comments and use it to drive them to be better.

Im not saying that trait is ultimately what it takes to be a successful professional athlete, but it sure does come in handy in any field where your performance is open to outside criticism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Dan Hampton was a great player but he's a babbling moron who can't put a sentence together on TV. Whitehair was fine at G but Daniels was a wreck at C, meanwhile last year they were both good with Whitehair at C and Daniels at G. I know C is Daniels' natural position from his days at Iowa, but it's been tough to watch this year.

 

If he stays healthy in 2010 and 2011, I think they win a championship. They were rolling in 2011 especially.

That 2011 interception return tackle was a double whammy. It stopped a Bears playoff run and helped create Tebow mania. (With Marion Barbers help)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

The Raiders are good and they fooled us all.

I think they're better than average and their schedule the rest of the way is very favorable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think they're better than average and their schedule the rest of the way is very favorable.

I think they have a pretty decent shot to make the playoffs this year. 

They have two first round picks next year and cap space. 

I still think trading Mack was a bad move, but it's not hurt them as much as I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×