3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This has been a great game for the rebuild, all things considered

What's been going on? I saw Moncada had 2 singles before that bomb on the telecast. Was Lopez good despite the score or nah? Anyone else with good games as far as the future guys (Eloy, Timmy)?

Just now, SoxAce said:

What's been going on? I saw Moncada had 2 singles before that bomb on the telecast. Was Lopez good despite the score or nah? Anyone else with good games as far as the future guys (Eloy, Timmy)?

Eloy is 2-3. Anderson has a SB.

Lopez wasn't good

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Yoan looks great, Eloy getting 2 hits...what else matters offensively?    And no, Lopez looked horrendous

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Possibly. When you've been injured as much as Sale has the last two seasons it isn't out of the question.  Boston may have messed up by signing Sale to that deal. 

I looked at the link in that fangraphs article and they say it takes 3 starts to gauge fastball velocity. 

You just said it takes one single start to be perfectly predictive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan looks great, Eloy getting 2 hits...what else matters offensively?    And no, Lopez looked horrendous

Hopefully Timmy gets his shit together. I know some are 50/50 on him as a player including myself if and when this team becomes good if he'll still be part of the plan.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Hopefully Timmy gets his shit together. I know some are 50/50 on him as a player including myself if and when this team becomes good if he'll still be part of the plan.

I think he's fine as like the 7th or 8th best hitter on a contending team.  I'll be honest, besides the velocity issues today, the only concern for the young guys is Eloy looks pretty terrible defensively.

Just now, fathom said:

I think he's fine as like the 7th or 8th best hitter on a contending team.  I'll be honest, besides the velocity issues today, the only concern for the young guys is Eloy looks pretty terrible defensively.

I think he's only fine as a good defensive SS batting 9th on a contending team. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well, it was one of the boxes he needed to check

1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

I think he's only fine as a good defensive SS batting 9th on a contending team. 

Assuming no improvement from what he is now, then yeah that's probably accurate. I think he can get up to a .280/.315/.425 guy in his prime though, with the good defense that we saw for most of last season

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I see Tim as a glove-first 2 WAR type guy that you need a few of to be a consistent winner.

As far as Eloy is concerned on D, what I see is a dumb error, him looking really slow, but also comfortable reading the ball in the air.