Sox @ Yankees, 4/12, 6:05 CT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Gio pumping 96 out there.

He still has it. Give him time. I think by the end of the season you'll all be surprised. 

The most encouraging thing is that Gio is missing bats this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He still has it. Give him time. I think by the end of the season you'll all be surprised. 

I actually don't hate Gio like some here. I don't think he's as good as you say but he isn't nearly the bum others think too. So somewhere in the middle is where I am with him. For example, his curve is definitely plus but he just never controls it like uber prospect Giolito did.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Only a pessimist would be disappointed by his outing today. He showed great maturity and poise this game. The old Lucas probably wouldn’t have made it out of the 2nd inning. Instead, he got stronger as the game progressed and 5 innings 3 ER isn’t half bad against a pretty good Yankees lineup.

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Now hitting 304 with a 347 OBP and just a matter of time before a power surge comes. As I’ve said all week, with the way TA, Moncada, and Eloy are playing I don’t quite understand why there’s so much doom and gloom. With what Robert is doing in the minors, the Sox have the makings of a foursome of everyday players that Will be able to match any team in the league.

I said a week ago for the idiots calling him Sheloy and crying about him getting off to a slow start that in a week he could be hitting .300 . So now on April 12 is he off to a hot start ?

15 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Now hitting 304 with a 347 OBP and just a matter of time before a power surge comes. As I’ve said all week, with the way TA, Moncada, and Eloy are playing I don’t quite understand why there’s so much doom and gloom. With what Robert is doing in the minors, the Sox have the makings of a foursome of everyday players that Will be able to match any team in the league.

Bottom of the barrel fans.  If they stop whining, what are they going to do?  

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I actually don't hate Gio like some here. I don't think he's as good as you say but he isn't nearly the bum others think too. So somewhere in the middle is where I am with him. For example, his curve is definitely plus but he just never controls it like uber prospect Giolito did.

I don't even think he's necessarily good (at least right now) I just think that the rush to DFA the guy is extremely premature. 

I think he still has the talent to be an ace, but I'm not sure he ever gets there because of the control. 

You want my honest opinion  about Rodon, and not my troll opinion? 

Rodon probably is never going to be an ace, because of control problems. He still has great stuff, even throwing 92-93 and he can definitely top out as a #2-3. I believe the same about Giolito. His control issues will probably prevent him from being an ace, and at worst both will be #4-5 starters that frustrate the fuck out of their fanbase. 

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I also see a future for him.  Needs to throw strikes and stop with the walks.  He has stuff... doesn't need to nibble.

Just now, gusguyman said:

Good resilience from Gio today, but I want to see him finish strong. Seems like has always has trouble in his last inning, even on his good days.

Or maybe Ricky just keeps putting him out an inning too long 

Gio is a 95-100 pitch guy. He should always be pulled once he gets past 100 pitches. 

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Good resilience from Gio today, but I want to see him finish strong. Seems like has always has trouble in his last inning, even on his good days.

Or maybe Ricky just keeps putting him out an inning too long 

Yea not sure I would've had him out this inning personally.