Tim Anderson to be suspended 1 game for... language?

Jose Abreu

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

I've seen it as pure speculation on Twitter and reddit. Nothing to substantiate it. But that type of language is usually disclosed. We would know if he did.

Yea, just speculation based on that 1) guys never get suspended for language and 2) if it was "language" then it was almost certainly more than the George Carlan magic words.

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

Like Schwarber did? And others have gotten two games as the standard for racial or homophobic slurs. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, Pillar got 2 games for homophobic language IIRC

Were they also ejected from the game they said it in?

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

and Ricky musta have dropped the F-bombs too? Nah i don't buy that. MLB is trash for not suspending any other Royals personnel. Their whole fuckin garbage team was on the field around TA before anybody else.

Well Ricky started charging like a wild bull so he had a kind of physical involvement that Tim didn't

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is a great watch each and every time: "Our ass is in the jackpot"

I'm not kidding when I say I've watched this video 20-30 times and I LMAO every fucking time when Thor drops the deadpan "I was trying to throw a fuckin' fastball" when it was 10 feet wide.  It's just so perfect, everything about it.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea, just speculation based on that 1) guys never get suspended for language and 2) if it was "language" then it was almost certainly more than the George Carlan magic words.

People who use homophobic slurs are suspended for longer than one game. 

If Tim Anderson appeals, and he will, you will learn the absurdity of this suspension. 

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

and Ricky musta have dropped the F-bombs too? Nah i don't buy that. MLB is trash for not suspending any other Royals personnel. Their whole fuckin garbage team was on the field around TA before anybody else.

I think Ricky is suspended for trying to have a fist fight with another coach lol.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not kidding when I say I've watched this video 20-30 times and I LMAO every fucking time.  It's just so perfect, everything about it.

Yes, and this just shows that the language thing is BS. This was the umpire mic that leaked to the public. It'll never happen again.

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

You got a point. If Timmy let a homophobic slur out in the heat of the moment, their hands are tied. Not saying he did, but we need more details if he’s getting suspended for only language.

Which is more important to MLB? Airing an individual player's dirty laundry in public, or the fan's desire to know what he said? 

I don't know the last time someone was suspended, but the first was almost twenty years ago when John Rocker received 73 games for speech.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/01/sports/baseball-baseball-suspends-rocker-till-may-for-comments.html

Commissioner Bud Selig, saying John Rocker had dishonored Major League Baseball by disparaging many groups of society with his harsh comments in a magazine interview, suspended the Atlanta Braves' No. 1 relief pitcher yesterday for 73 days, marking the first time a baseball player has been disciplined for speech.

The players' union said that it would file a grievance challenging the suspension and suggested that the disciplinary action was a public relations move.

Selig said that Rocker could not participate in spring training with the Braves, a 45-day period, and could not play during the first 28 days of the season. The commissioner also fined Rocker, a 25-year-old Georgian, $20,000 and ordered him to undergo sensitivity training.