Rodon to IL; Giolito activated

ChiSox59

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Just a hot take reaction.  But very unfortunate news if serious.

The fact that they're calling it elbow inflammation and not trying to skirt by with calling it hand blister makes me think it may be somewhat serious.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

The fact that they're calling it elbow inflammation and not trying to skirt by with calling it hand blister makes me think it may be somewhat serious.  

The fact that we've heard absolutely nothing about it then all of the sudden he's on the DL has me terrified. 

Just now, bjm676 said:

i wish they would quick dicking around call up Cease.  This is the perfect time for it.

They aren't really dicking around with Cease.  He has pitched over 5 innings in just 1 out of his 5 starts.  Some of that may be pitch count limitations and trying to limit his innings early, but I'm totally fine with them taking it a little slow with him.  He'll be up before too long.  

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Has anyone made a decent career after shoulder surgery AND elbow surgery?

Lets not get toooooo far ahead of ourselves here.  If he's down with elbow injury, its basically over for him with the Sox.  Maybe we get him back to 100% for 2021 (his impending FA season), but what a kick to the dick that would be.

Really hoping this isn't that serious. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Maybe it's actually just a 1 start thing, but if it's not I think we can officially say we can't count on the guy to put up a full season.

The only thing Rodon has proven so far in his career is that he can't stay healthy. Good thing the Sox never gave him an extension. His career his probably toast if this is indeed Tommy John surgery. 

Oh Sox fans. When the Sox keep pitchers healthy, it's that they're "teaching them to pitch to contact and falling behind the times." When they let pitchers rip and the pitchers get hurt "they suck and they need to blow it up."

Personally, I think some pitchers are just more injury prone. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 2