Sox @ Indians; 5:10pm CT 05/07

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I agree with all of that.  That said, Ricky leaves a lot to be desired in many facets of the game.

Sure, but obsessing over and enraging yourself about whether or not Ricky should bring in a pile or shit or a cockmeat sandwich out of the bullpen is pointless. You can criticize him for a lot of things, but the bullpen management just isn't one for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's arb eligible.  

Yep, for 2020.  He's a free agent after next season.  So the Sox have every reason to see how he does this entire season and then decide what to do with him.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sure, but obsessing over and enraging yourself about whether or not Ricky should bring in a pile or shit or a cockmeat sandwich out of the bullpen is pointless. You can criticize him for a lot of things, but the bullpen management just isn't one for me. 

sir this is a game thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He was fine when he a good bullpen. 

That said, he still sucks

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's arb eligible.  

Sox better offer him what he's worth if this continues throughout the season. Catchers like these are extremely hard to come by, and if the Sox just lucked out on him, wow.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

sir this is a game thread.

Haha, that was good.  And I agree. He let Gio get one more out in the inning and he was at 105 pitches.  Gio's success tonight and his arm are worth more to the Sox than this win.  At some point, the bullpen has to be used. Ricky sucks for a lot of reasons but tonight wasn't one of them.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

He was fine when he a good bullpen. 

That said, he still sucks

Eh, the players play hard for him and seem to respect him . That's like 90% of the manager impact in baseball. His in-game strategy sucks, but in-game strategy really has such a negligible impact on a baseball game it's just not that important to me.

• Haha 2

I'm not sure what's dumber.  Running into the out or that strike 3 call.  How does an ump this bad not get a big ole red flag?

God damnit man.  Continues to feel like we play with one hand tied behind the back.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Sox better offer him what he's worth if this continues throughout the season. Catchers like these are extremely hard to come by, and if the Sox just lucked out on him, wow.

Dude, take it down a notch.  It's not even 100 at bats yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

I literally said McCann is having my babies. 

Sox better offer him 350 million dollars over 10 years, and none of that incentive bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

umm...he's had more than 100 ABs in the league. He's proved his worth already.