Blue Jays of Toronto vs Ricky Renteria's Southside Buntmen | May 17th | 7:10pm CT |

Tnetennba

14 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Just checked the Charlotte Knights website.  Palka has 7 homers in 81 at bats.  Hitting .284.  

Yep, it's time to cut Alonso loose and give Palka another shot.  You aren't getting anything for Alonso at the deadline and his $9 million dollar contract is already a sunk cost.  Alonso hitting his 2020 option would be a nightmare.  Cut him now and see what Palka can do.

Alonso, Jay, Nova, Santana...  worst freaking offseason ever.  I wish I got paid to burn $23 million dollars.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Games like tonight are why I'm convinced we still could lose 8-12 in a row and be back to crap. Sometimes I feel like Ricky deserves manager of the year to date for getting us so close to .500. I guess I should be happy with what the boys have done so far with so much crud on the mound and in the lineup.

GO AUTHENTIC FAN! GO BIG HURT!

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep, it's time to cut Alonso loose and give Palka another shot.  You aren't getting anything for Alonso at the deadline and his $9 million dollar contract is already a sunk cost.  Alonso hitting his 2020 option would be a nightmare.  Cut him now and see what Palka can do.

Alonso, Jay, Nova, Santana...  worst freaking offseason ever.  I wish I got paid to burn $23 million dollars.

Well there’s also rooting for the largest number of negative WAR per dollar ever spent in one offseason.   My poor heart being pulled in two directions 

21 minutes ago, flavum said:

No Nelson Cruz next weekend, but the Twins are going to demolish Sox pitching this season. I’ll set the over/under at 106.5 runs.

Time to get to Vegas and make some over bets and parlays. The Twins and the over.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just looked at my MLB app check in  history.  The last 10 games I have attended,  the Sox are 0-10 and have been outscored 83-14.

Yeah, we get blown out at home quite a bit in the tank era. This year we've had some nice wins at home, but still a ton of blowouts.

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just looked at my MLB app check in  history.  The last 10 games I have attended,  the Sox are 0-10 and have been outscored 83-14.

My god...  it's your fault as much as it's Rick's!  Stop attending games!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Who is the poster who is the anti DA in that regard here? I know one poster is ReLo's good luck charm but there's another who has an amazing games attended record.

Alonso seems like the kind of guy that is not good playing for a bad team. He often "almost" gets a hit. Constantly hits into the shift. Good warning track power. I wonder if any contender needs him for scraps. He's not of value on the South Side. Pay 2/3 his salary and trade him. Thank u.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Alonso seems like the kind of guy that is not good playing for a bad team. He often "almost" gets a hit. Constantly hits into the shift. Good warning track power. I wonder if any contender needs him for scraps. He's not of value on the South Side. Pay 2/3 his salary and trade him. Thank u.

He sucked playing for a good team last year.  He's just bad and was a horrible addition with Manny not part of the package.  He's going to be out of baseball in a year or so.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

He sucked playing for a good team last year.  He's just bad and was a horrible addition with Manny not part of the package.  He's going to be out of baseball in a year or so.

Yep.  I don't care about Palka's 35 major league at bats to start the year.  He is now hitting .291 / .994 with 6 homers in 86 AAA at bats.  Alonso was a colossal waste of $9 million dollars.  Palka should have never ever been earmarked for RF, only DH.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  I don't care about Palka's 35 major league at bats to start the year.  He is now hitting .291 / .994 with 6 homers in 86 AAA at bats.  Alonso was a colossal waste of $9 million dollars.  Palka should have never ever been earmarked for RF, only DH.

I wouldn't put any stock into AAA stats for Charlotte hitters.  That park with the ball they're using is a joke right now.  With that said...sure, I'd rather see Palka get at bats as the DH if they're not going to be smart enough to DH Eloy.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I wouldn't put any stock into AAA stats for Charlotte hitters.  That park with the ball they're using is a joke right now.  With that said...sure, I'd rather see Palka get at bats as the DH if they're not going to be smart enough to DH Eloy.

I guess my point is, Palka could be doing just as well as Alonso right now but at $8.5 million cheaper.  Hence, Alonso was a waste of $9 million.  I also agree that Eloy should DH but the Sox won't go that route until he racks up the errors and keeps getting injured.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

50 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox play like 💩at home a lot and blowouts galore, especially when there is 30k plus.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

So Yoan had 2 hits, Timmy 2 hits, Eloy homered, Cease was good, Madrigal 2 hits and Robert made some hard contact......good rebuild day

Good for the Sox future, embarrassing for the past offseason.

• Like 1

Just a suck game in suck weather (46 degrees in mid-May?). Nova's ERA is now about seven and a half, Alonso is hitting .175 (yet Rickey "the Genius" refuses to bench the guy or at least drop him down in the lineup). I can't see this happening and I know others have brought it up before but I'm starting to wonder if Rickey is being told,  "keep playing him' because if he's DFA'd or dropped in the lineup it makes "us" (the front office) look like idiots (As if many Sox fans don't already feel that way...)

And those clamoring for Palka. Sorry, the guy is useless unless he hits home runs, he's a butcher in the field and is a base clogger running-wise. No thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wish they gave Avi the 9 million just for grins if it had to go to Alonso. 9 mill for Alonso. I know it's just wasted monopoly money, but give it to somebody who bleeds Sox gray like Abreu or Avi.

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just a suck game in suck weather (46 degrees in mid-May?). Nova's ERA is now about seven and a half, Alonso is hitting .175 (yet Rickey "the Genius" refuses to bench the guy or at least drop him down in the lineup). I can't see this happening and I know others have brought it up before but I'm starting to wonder if Rickey is being told,  "keep playing him' because if he's DFA'd or dropped in the lineup it makes "us" (the front office) look like idiots (As if many Sox fans don't already feel that way...)

And those clamoring for Palka. Sorry, the guy is useless unless he hits home runs, he's a butcher in the field and is a base clogger running-wise. No thanks.

No one thinks Palka is the answer to any question.  But Alonso is a waste of $9 million and if they cut him now to bring up Palka, they will at least avoid activating Alonso's $9 million dollar option for 2020.  Palka should only ever see the DH spot.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes it was $23 million dollars wasted but keep in mind even with  this wasted amount of money spent the White Sox still have one of the lowest payrolls in MLB. And as long as the payroll stays low this ownership is making some serious money.