Sox & Nats, 6/4/19, Rey & Strasburg

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We're gonna get this Nationals bullpen for 4 or 5 innings at this rate. 

72 pitches. Have some patience, get lengthy at-bats, and he shouldn't go more than 5. That'll be fun.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Despite the terrible ERA, Nova is a serviceable #5.

I keep forgetting about him. I was thinking Banuelos and Covey. Which guy gets sent to the pen when Cease comes up? My vote is for Banuelos. Covey has been the Sox 2nd best starter since Rodon got injured 

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I agree with you on those two spots being priority.  But you wouldn’t sign Rendon for 3B and move Moncada back to 2B?

Then, if Madrigal starts hitting in the minors you could move him to CF and play Robert in RF.  Give Eloy some extra help, lol.

Where does everyone get this idea that, if a guy is fast and plays MI, he should move to CF? That's gotta be one of the hardest positions out there.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I keep forgetting about him. I was thinking Banuelos and Covey. Which guy gets sent to the pen when Cease comes up? My vote is for Banuelos. Covey has been the Sox 2nd best starter since Rodon got injured 

Its 100% Banuelos. Covey has at least proven to be serviceable in spurts here and there.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Its 100% Banuelos. Covey has at least proven to be serviceable in sports here and there.

Covey had some real good stretches last year. Banuelos just implodes in his bad starts. And a lot of his starts are bad. 

Strasburg is 31 this offseason and has $100m over 4 years left on his deal. Does he opt out? It's really tough to say. He instantly becomes the top pitcher on the market this offseason if he does. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Where does everyone get this idea that, if a guy is fast and plays MI, he should move to CF? That's gotta be one of the hardest positions out there.

Leury Garcia plays CF for the Sox.  He was a SS/2B when the Sox acquired him.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

he shouldn't. Not with his injury history.

He'd also be the top starter on the market. He was having a wonderful season before tonight and it's arguable between him and Cole. He's also been fairly healthy the last 3 seasons. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He'd also be the top starter on the market. He was having a wonderful season before tonight and it's arguable between him and Cole. He's also been fairly healthy the last 3 seasons. 

What will a 31yr old Strasburg get on the open market?  Will he be able to get 5yrs? I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What will a 31yr old Strasburg get on the open market?  Will he be able to get 5yrs? I don't think so.

Yes because he's at worst a strong #2

I don't think that he's going to opt out, but with a Boras guy you never know. 

Edited by Jack Parkman