Andrew Vaughn Signs

KnightsOnMintSt

But Madrigal played all the way through the College World Series...Vaughn's last game was June 1st, so that would be four weeks without seeing legit pitching.

"Ever since the Draft, I tried to stay focused with our college season and let that play out first," Madrigal told reporters during a conference call. "I was excited just to put the White Sox logo on, get in uniform.

"I really don't need a whole lot of break. I've been playing all season long. I told them I only needed a couple of days to swing a wood bat, get used to it. I'm ready to go and just excited to move forward."  Madrigal, 21, batted .367/.428/.511 with eight doubles, six triples, three home runs, 34 RBIs, 41 runs scored and 15 stolen bases in 42 games as a junior in 2018 for the Beavers. The 5-foot-7, 165-pound second baseman, who bats right-handed, will play a couple of games at shortstop in Arizona before moving to Class A Kannapolis.

Arizona should be his first destination since it’s closest to California and then they’ll decide after a week about short season ball or Kanny based on how rusty he looks.

• bmags unpinned this topic
8 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

According to Scott Gregor, Vaughn will most likely start in Arizona, then head to Kannapolis.

If the guy is a generational hitter, he shouldn't spend a day in Kanny. A few days in Arizona then straight to W-S.

5 minutes ago, zisk said:

If the guy is a generational hitter, he shouldn't spend a day in Kanny. A few days in Arizona then straight to W-S.

It seems like recently the White Sox have liked to send highly rated prospects to Kannapolis. Burger and Sheets both went after they were drafted. Madrigal and Robert spent some time there as well last year.

23 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

It seems like recently the White Sox have liked to send highly rated prospects to Kannapolis. Burger and Sheets both went after they were drafted. Madrigal and Robert spent some time there as well last year.

I know, and it's not wrong to do this. In this case it seems like a waste. Best hitter in college in a long time. 21 years old. He should be asked to

do more than 19 year old Bryce Bush.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zisk said:

I know, and it's not wrong to do this. In this case it seems like a waste. Best hitter in college in a long time. 21 years old. He should be asked to

do more than 19 year old Bryce Bush.

He also hasn't played in a month. Every reason to expect that his Kanny stint will be short.