Sox considering a trade, per Chuck.

Orlando

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

If you crawl around the fan posts on Over The Monster there is strong sentiment to move him.

I went to Over the Monster and crawled around. It seems like the BoSox fans at least  have no issue with including Benintendi in order to lose Price.

One position they seem to want to fill is back-up catcher. They can have Collins but forget about Madrigal or Vaughn.

33 minutes ago, Flash said:

Forget Price. Bad move. Not the guy you want rubbing off on the young uns.

31 minutes ago, tray said:

Price is a bad influence?

Disagree here. Regardless of a trade or anything like that. Price is a leader. Get the black dude with a big mouth out of Boston and he'll be fine. If he were traded to the Sox I think he would contribute to the clubhouse in a very positive way. Dude's a winner. He's had problems with Boston because the fans shredded him over his injury ridden season and he went at it with Eckersly for ripping him in the booth.

I don't think Steve Stone would ever engage with Price on a confrontational level and our fans are too sparse and concerned with hating the Boogie man Reinsdorf and his front office to attack Price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Disagree here. Regardless of a trade or anything like that. Price is a leader. Get the black dude with a big mouth out of Boston and he'll be fine. If he were traded to the Sox I think he would contribute to the clubhouse in a very positive way. Dude's a winner. He's had problems with Boston because the fans shredded him over his injury ridden season and he went at it with Eckersly for ripping him in the booth.

I don't think Steve Stone would ever engage with Price on a confrontational level and our fans are too sparse and concerned with hating the Boogie man Reinsdorf and his front office to attack Price.

Could Price be our Lester?

5 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

is Madrigal hitched?

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2017/03/nick_madrigal_strives_for_grea.html

No idea, but found a REALLY nice story about Madrigal and his competitive drive/work ethic from back in 2017.

Also, didn't realize he had another injury at OSU.

His left arm in a sling, Madrigal underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum he suffered when his left shoulder popped out of socket during a mid-May at-bat. He had the option to rehab the injury but chose surgery to ensure his return for the 2017 season. He spent the summer thinking of the snub that cost Oregon State a chance at the NCAA Tournament.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Not at all necessary.  This is about us getting pitching and Boston shedding high cost of pitching. Take away half the dollars the Price & Sale are using up...done deal.

We've got $$.  Let's take on Price and take that Betts kid off their hands as well.  They are trying to shed salary. 😁

1 minute ago, wegner said:

We've got $$.  Let's take on Price and take that Betts kid off their hands as well.  They are trying to shed salary. 😁

Price is being paid 32 M for the next 3 years.  If RH & KW think his actual value is 16 M per year...Boston needs to ship 48 M in either $ or players.  Doesn't seem all that hard to find a way.  Actually both sides should be motivated.  Sale on the other hand has a brand new extension.  I presume that extension has some type of no trade clause.  That probably would hinder him coming in this direction.