Thread of positivity

Orlando

The results of these games as far as wins and losses are not that important.  Seeding may change, so what.  We will likely still win the division but either way what matters is getting ready for the playoffs.

One good thing on that note is that Lopez stepped up even when the defense was kicking it around behind him.  We are going to need all the pitching we can get if we are to be successful in this format.  Sox young arms are going to be tested.  I am looking forward to see how it unfolds.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

here is a silver lining... if we lose the division then maybe we don't play against Cleveland - who we suck against.

I rarely b**** about umpiring, but the only match-up I fear for the White Sox this postseason is having to face Angel Hernandez.

We are assembling video of all the bad calls tonight by Angel Hernandez. It's 3 hours long.

— Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien) September 22, 2020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I had to step away from the game thread because I definitely need to shed some positivity on the situation...Look, the past couple games have been brutal no doubt, but we’re still in 1st place!!! Who would’ve thought when we started spring training, that we would’ve been in the position we are in right now. 

This absolutely reminds me of 2005. Hardcore.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hi8is said:

This absolutely reminds me of 2005. Hardcore.

The 2005 team never quit. They had the composure and the confidence under tough situations to eventually succeed. When a team or a couple teams threw some punches at them, they would punch back. That team was built to win a championship.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

The 2005 team never quit. They had the composure and the confidence under tough situations to eventually succeed. When a team threw a punch at them, or a couple teams, they would punch back. 

Remember how they fell apart though until the last couple games of the season? And the Indians were ballin all out?

13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I do remember that. They rode those last two games or mini hot streak into the playoffs and the rest is history.

I had my face painted half white and half black in Anaheim for game 5, sitting near the left foul pole on the field level.

Some drunk dude in a tie died shirt in front of me was yelling obscenities at me... and everyone was telling him that kids were around and to calm it down. 😆

Walking out of the stadium angles fans were congratulating our team and the parking lot afterward became a huge White Sox talegate party.

Best way for an out of state life long California Sox fan to live out that year. 🔥

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I had my face painted half white and half black in Anaheim for game 5, sitting near the left foul pole on the field level.

Some drunk dude in a tie died shirt in front of me was yelling obscenities at me... and everyone was telling him that kids were around and to calm it down. 😆

Walking out of the stadium angles fans were congratulating our team and the parking lot afterward became a huge White Sox talegate party.

Best way for an out of state life long California Sox fan to live out that year. 🔥

Isn’t it fun when your an out of state fan of a team and they come in to play a meaningful game in the state where you live and they win! It’s always interesting to watch the reaction of the fans.

Speaking of the Angels, what the heck happened to them this year? If you think the Sox situation right now is bad, the Angels have it way worse.

Edited by maloney.adam

30 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Remember how they fell apart though until the last couple games of the season? And the Indians were ballin all out?

Wasn't the biggest Hawk fan, but my favorite Hawk moment I heard after I came home from THE regular season game of 2005. Was three rows from where the HR landed.

HR @ 7:30 mark, Hawk's "JOOOOOOE CREDE!!!!!!!" my favorite non-funny Hawk moment @ 7:48.

Favorite White Sox Third Baseman of All Time:

1. Joe Crede
  2. Eric Soderholm
  3. Vance Law

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Wasn't the biggest Hawk fan, but my favorite Hawk moment I heard after I came home from THE regular season game of 2005. Was three rows from where the HR landed.

HR @ 7:30 mark, Hawk's "JOOOOOOE CREDE!!!!!!!" my favorite non-funny Hawk moment @ 7:48.

1. Joe Crede
  2. Eric Soderholm
  3. Vance Law

I absolutely loved Joe Crede.  Man, how I still wish he never had back issues.  It's such a sad what if.  Also, just hearing Hawk on those calls, so great.  What I wouldn't give to still have that same enthusiasm today.  Those home run calls with Hawk and DJ screaming YES are the best there ever was.  Instead we get pitch pipes for fucking insurance commercials from the booth.  Ugh.  I don't mind Steve and Jason, but Hawks calls are sorely missed.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Isn’t it fun when your an out of state fan of a team and they come in to play a meaningful game in the state where you live and they win! It’s always interesting to watch the reaction of the fans.

Speaking of the Angels, what the heck happened to them this year? If you think the Sox situation right now is bad, the Angels have it way worse.

Yea :) and I only really pay attention to the Sox... individual players from other teams for development reasons.

Know the angels suck but that’s about it. 😆

26 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

1. Joe Crede
  2. Eric Soderholm
  3. Vance Law

Yea that was amazing. Remember when Crede was still finding “it” and this board ( myself included) used to call him: Joe “all I do is fucking pop up” Crede?

😆

• Love 1

I'm just glad the team has had a winning season. Haven't had that since 2012. Being in the Playoffs is a bonus. Maybe the team can  get hot  and go deep in the Playoffs. The only major negative that I can see is Yoan Moncada. He obviously is not the same player he was last year. He hasn't recovered from the Covid virus. Hopefully he will come back healthy in 2021. He hit a triple a few games ago and he looked like he was going to pass out after he was safe at third base.

Edited by WBWSF