2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

Just now, greg775 said:

Rudy G is the president's personal attorney, not some yokel on the street. He says he has witnesses to fraud who are ready to testify. I can only go by what a legitimate source says. The president's personal attorney is a legitimate source. It's not just Donnie Jr. saying it. So he needs to put up the witnesses or shut up. Not sure why this is so controversial. My personal take is Trump should give it up. It's not going to get overturned and like I said in another thread he's an old man who should do what ex-presidents do: enjoy the SS protection, write books, go on speaking tours, enjoy the final years of his life.

Rudy G is not the lawyer filing the lawsuit. The lawyer who filed the lawsuit did not include a single affidavit from anyone who witnessed these alleged allegations. 

Just now, Soxbadger said:

I hope I am wrong. But its going down a really bad path. 

I want reasonably limited government (being made to wear a mask during a pandemic isn’t government overreach, banning semiautomatic weapons is, etc). I want a limited welfare state that takes care of the truly needy but doesn’t practice redistributionism on behalf of those who can stand on their own. I want our government to use diplomacy, foreign aid, military might, and a network of alliances to spread liberal democracy and its values around the world. Withdraw from the UN? No- I want Pete Buttigieg to go there and tell the world’s homophobic dictators exactly how hard they can suck it. I want all of this from courageous leaders who give speeches for the sole purpose of making fun of racists and conspiracy theorists, because I don’t think anything I just said lends itself to either of those forms of idiocy.

In short, I’d really appreciate a political party that represents me again.

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Greg,

Anyone can say anything on the internet. If you dont see why what is going on is terrible, there is just no convincing you. 

To be clear it was a TV show with the interview shown on youtube which is the Internet. I'm serious if you guys want me to get out of this thread I will.

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Rudy G is not the lawyer filing the lawsuit. The lawyer who filed the lawsuit did not include a single affidavit from anyone who witnessed these alleged allegations. 

If there is reason to consider it a frivilous lawsuit then I'm all for throwing it out. Hopefully somebody in the judicial will determine that. If it's determined Trump is wasting the court's time hopefully he's reprimanded, mocked, whatever. If there's reason to try a lawsuit, though, try it.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

like I said in another thread he's an old man who should do what ex-presidents do: enjoy the SS protection, write books, go on speaking tours, enjoy the final years of his life.

I’ll side with you, sort of, on this. I think Trump’s going to be a butthole until the end, but I find it incredulous that it’s going to take some sort of military operation to drag him out of the WH. Maybe it will, but I don’t see it. With his wealth? Go retire to a yacht somewhere and disappear, man!

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

If there is reason to consider it a frivilous lawsuit then I'm all for throwing it out. Hopefully somebody in the judicial will determine that. If it's determined Trump is wasting the court's time hopefully he's reprimanded, mocked, whatever. If there's reason to try a lawsuit, though, try it.

I dont care if they want to try and file a lawsuit, but they need to be honest with the American people. Biden is the President Elect. The entire govt should be treating him as such. The Secretary of State should not be saying that Trump administration will continue. The govt should not be restricting Biden's transition team.

The best equivalent I can give you is a sporting event that is "played under protest." The result of the game stands unless the protest overturns it. The team who lost doesnt say they won. 

• Like 1

Personally I think he's playing this hand as leverage for one of 2 reasons: 

1) negotiating out of any charges filed against him post presidency - basically I'll keep doing this until you agree not to prosecute. 

2) this is basically pushing the boundaries, riling up "his" people for the eventual rollout of TNN, Trump News Network

3) maybe he's just this truly delusional. 

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's just it, there is no reason to try a lawsuit. Trump should be acting like a president and patriot. Instead, he is acting like a petulant child who isn't getting his way. The transition should be on the way.

One more thing about Rudy G, as you call him. At one time, he was a respected public servant. Now he is a laughing stock. He went to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Hunter Biden and came back with nothing. He has nothing now.

I don't know who is more pathetic. Trump or his supporters who buy this crap. BTW, how many staff, supporters and family of Trump have Covid now? Do we have that count?

9 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

That's just it, there is no reason to try a lawsuit. Trump should be acting like a president and patriot. Instead, he is acting like a petulant child who isn't getting his way. The transition should be on the way.

One more thing about Rudy G, as you call him. At one time, he was a respected public servant. Now he is a laughing stock. He went to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Hunter Biden and came back with nothing. He has nothing now.

I don't know who is more pathetic. Trump or his supporters who buy this crap. BTW, how many staff, supporters and family of Trump have Covid now? Do we have that count?

This is just his latest grift. The small print on his donation request emails to fight the fraud say 60% is to retire debt. He throws a few of these out there, the suckers and losers who are sending him money get satisfied, and he gets billed paid, if not cash pocketed.

42 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I dont care if they want to try and file a lawsuit, but they need to be honest with the American people. Biden is the President Elect. The entire govt should be treating him as such. The Secretary of State should not be saying that Trump administration will continue. The govt should not be restricting Biden's transition team.

The best equivalent I can give you is a sporting event that is "played under protest." The result of the game stands unless the protest overturns it. The team who lost doesnt say they won. 

FYI, this was a clear poor attempt at a joke by Pompeo; he even followed it up with a "listen, we're ready. The whole world is watching us and we're going to count every vote."

It was a horrible attempt at a joke by a guy who likely has no sense of humor and is a complete POS, but he wasn't being serious.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

FYI, this was a clear poor attempt at a joke by Pompeo; he even followed it up with a "listen, we're ready. The whole world is watching us and we're going to count every vote."

It was a horrible attempt at a joke by a guy who likely has no sense of humor and is a complete POS, but he wasn't being serious.

Saying the above, to me, does not mean he was trying to make a joke.  Pompeo is not a good person and has done a lot of below board shit over the last few years and I would not be surprised if he meant in earnest that he feels Trump is gonna be the president over the next four years

9 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sorry I dont buy it. He was acting in his official capacity as Secretary of State. 

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Almost no one in this administration should ever be given the benefit of the doubt.  Just across the board terrible human beings and grifters.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Rudy G is the president's personal attorney, not some yokel on the street. He says he has witnesses to fraud who are ready to testify. I can only go by what a legitimate source says. The president's personal attorney is a legitimate source. It's not just Donnie Jr. saying it. So he needs to put up the witnesses or shut up. Not sure why this is so controversial. My personal take is Trump should give it up. It's not going to get overturned and like I said in another thread he's an old man who should do what ex-presidents do: enjoy the SS protection, write books, go on speaking tours, enjoy the final years of his life.

I'm a lawyer.  Like SB, I take the profession very seriously.  Believe me Greg when I say that Giuliani has spent the last several years acting exactly like a yokel on the street.

And you can take that to the bank because I wrote it on the internet!

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This is just his latest grift. The small print on his donation request emails to fight the fraud say 60% is to retire debt. He throws a few of these out there, the suckers and losers who are sending him money get satisfied, and he gets billed paid, if not cash pocketed.

This is the best part of it all.  He has people soooo fired about welfare queens stealing their tax money, when they are making donations to the biggest welfare queen of all.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean you can watch the whole clip.

I did watch the whole clip. 

And it appears that Im not the only one:

New from CNN's

@kylieatwood

and

@jmhansler

: "State Department officials and diplomats are shocked, confused and outraged" after Pompeo failed to recognize Biden's victory at today's presser. One US diplomat said "I am sick." Another diplomat: "This is actually incredibly scary."

He is the SOS acting in his official capacity. Why in the world is he "joking"? The answer is he wasnt. He was signaling loyalty to Trump on a week when Trump has gotten rid of Esper and other govt officials who have shown even the slightest resistance to this nonsense.

But yeah cool joke.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

That's a good analogy IMO. He is truly playing this lost game under protest. That's why I personally think Trump is dumb to pursue this. He's not going to win the election, period, just as nobody has won a protest since the pine tar game. It's over. I'd personally suggest he move on and enjoy the fruits of being an ex president. However if his protests have something to them and this get overturned, I'd applaud him for taking it to court and sorting it out. If this makes any sense...

Edited by greg775

38 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

I'm a lawyer.  Like SB, I take the profession very seriously.  Believe me Greg when I say that Giuliani has spent the last several years acting exactly like a yokel on the street.

And you can take that to the bank because I wrote it on the internet!

OK. I do take your word for it as a Soxtalk attorney. I trust u over RG. If he's a total bozo, fine, I'm mistaken. I figured if he's Trump's personal lawyer and a former good mayor, he has a clue.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Kidding on the square. Pompeo would 100% be down with a coup if the conditions are right. Much of the GOP is coming out in favor of that stance.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

You know what, I take exception to your line about how he should be acting as a patriot. Yes, some of us are VERY skeptical of both sides of the government. Yes some of us think it certainly could be fraudulent and yes some of us are worried about the Senate races in Georgia and how "fair" they will be. What I'm saying (and even though you may want me silenced or banned or whatever) a lot of US citizens do agree with me. Would I love to be wrong?? Of course. I am a proud American ready to honor my relatives and others on Veterans Day. But do I welcome an inspection of the voting in a close election? Yes I do. Sorry but that's how I feel. Am I skeptical? Yes. Does that make me a lousy American not just congratulating Joe? I don't think so but I suspect many of you do.

My take is: if it's frivilous lawsuits wasting time, then definitely SLAP Rudy's wrists and give Trump everything he deserves, maybe even jail time if he's purposely wasting the court's time. BUT ... if there's fraud and it can be proven, prove it and rectify a possible wrong.

If the attorneys on this site say this is frivilous, which they are doing, then I probably need to change my opinion as I do respect their honor.