Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, bmags said:

If we are going to hate on Joc for his 2020 what's y'alls excuse for Adam Eaton?

Seriously. Eaton's numbers have been pedestrian the past 3 seasons. He is also 32 years old and a dbag. Joc seems like the clear logical choice here. I can see a Joc-Engel platoon easily putting up 4 WAR in right field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Seriously. Eaton's numbers have been pedestrian the past 3 seasons. He is also 32 years old and a dbag. Joc seems like the clear logical choice here. I can see a Joc-Engel platoon easily putting up 4 WAR in right field.

He's also not near the superstar RF he was in 2016. Maybe it was the ACL, maybe it is indeed the fairly easy RF at GRF (I don't know much about the Nationals field). But he's not BAD but he was only 2 OAA in 2019 when he played most of the year in RF.

2019: Adam Eaton : 2 Outs above average in 340 attempts in RF

2019: Joc Pederson 2 outs above average in 61 attempts in RF

Just now, bmags said:

He's also not near the superstar RF he was in 2016. Maybe it was the ACL, maybe it is indeed the fairly easy RF at GRF (I don't know much about the Nationals field). But he's not BAD but he was only 2 OAA in 2019 when he played most of the year in RF.

2019: Adam Eaton : 2 Outs above average in 340 attempts in RF

2019: Joc Pederson 2 outs above average in 61 attempts in RF

He is still likely a meaningfully better defensive RF than Joc, and certainly Brantley.  And there is an ocean between Eaton in RF and what we've ran out there since we traded him.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He is still likely a meaningfully better defensive RF than Joc, and certainly Brantley.  And there is an ocean between Eaton in RF and what we've ran out there since we traded him.  

Why is that likely. Nothing supports it.