2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

bmags

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Coby and Wendell are really really bad on many nights. Coby when his shot doenst fall is like the worst player in the nba. I don’t know what happened to his defense - but it’s awful - makes Lavine look all pro. 

They have to package some of these guys - problem is their value is trending down. But development isn’t linear so I can still see why a team would be okay getting these guys and rolling. 

Heck look at Lonzo and how much he’s kicking butt of late. He still needs to work on being more aggressive in the paint - but that guy is playing himself into a big contract - probably from the bulls (see if New Orleans matches). 

Gage and Lonzo Ball = Caulfield and Tatis.

Discuss.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I read where the Bulls were offering Sato and a 2nd round pick. That won't get it done.

Maybe not but they have to balance being able to attack him as an RFA in the offseason. I don't think Sato + a 2 gets it done, but I also don't think it's going to be a particularly large package. 

46 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe not but they have to balance being able to attack him as an RFA in the offseason. I don't think Sato + a 2 gets it done, but I also don't think it's going to be a particularly large package. 

Agreed - if they wanted to move from Lauri - that is obviously another option - at which point you are just trying to get a sneak peak at Lonzo first.  If you acquire Lonzo - do you get his RFA status?  

22 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Agreed - if they wanted to move from Lauri - that is obviously another option - at which point you are just trying to get a sneak peak at Lonzo first.  If you acquire Lonzo - do you get his RFA status?  

Yes

22 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

also Shams is reporting bulls are listening on Lauri

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

also Shams is reporting bulls are listening on Lauri

It makes a lot of sense.  I think now is as good of time as any to be looking to get value for Lauri, Carter Jr and continue listening on White. I get it that with White / Carter Jr. - we have more time to get value and Carter's value is probably at all time lows.  

1 minute ago, scs787 said:

Sabonis is said to be available as well. 

3 1s, a 3rd, Fuller and Hicks for Sabonis and Brogdon? 

hahaha

Man I know Aaron Gordon shoots 3s ata 40% rate but if I'm Boston I feel like Tatum/Brown/Sabonis >>> Tatum/Brown/Gordon, but maybe it would be too easy to clog up.

Siakim is getting heated in Toronto.

With Brogdon, Sabonis, Lonzo, Aaron Gordon and others on the market, it seems like a good time for the Bulls to try and make a swing for one or two guys to pair with Zach. Supposedly PWill is off limits.

Sucks that Coby and Carter had to regress so hard.

I wonder if Bulls do anything. Thad and Lauri played tonight so would make you think they aren’t being moved. 

Bulls could get ball and adams for nothing - but than have to pay Lonzo and take Adams contract (runs for 2 more years...although a year from now it probably becomes a pretty moveable deal that can facilitate a trade for a larger salary guy. I don’t worry about tying up cap space - no major stars out in FA - but do want flexibility for trades. 

They should move Lauri now unless they think they are going to resign him. He is a tough one - best season and still just 23 - but has flaws. 

Wendell has just sucked and Coby is a 6th man at best.

Williams has flashes and is raw but also disappears a ton. That said I think we can see him take steps forward cause he doesn’t have the flaws of Carter and Coby. 

They got to use these guys to bundle together and get better talent...won’t make them a title contender...but get better and keep upgrading. 

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic