S720

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Be done with it already.

TSN's Ken Rosenthal believes the Dodgers could send Shawn Green to Arizona in a three-team deal that would get Randy Johnson on the Yankees.

Javier Vazquez would go to the Dodgers, and we assume Los Angeles would have to send Edwin Jackson and cash to Arizona. The Diamondbacks would also want prospects from the Yankees. Dec. 16 - 3:33 pm et

That makes sense for the Dodgers. Simply because Depodesta would love to move Green's contract.

Hudson, RJ or Clement or Perez.  Its going to be one of those guys, I think.

Coming our way, I assume your talking about...

For the last few days I've told people I think we wind up with Odalis Perez, and KW is just trying to ya know the routine, fly under the radar.

It seems to strange for him to make a big push for Perez last offseason, and then when he is a FA, shy away.

TSN's Ken Rosenthal believes the Dodgers could send Shawn Green to Arizona in a three-team deal that would get Randy Johnson on the Yankees.

Javier Vazquez would go to the Dodgers, and we assume Los Angeles would have to send Edwin Jackson and cash to Arizona. The Diamondbacks would also want prospects from the Yankees. Dec. 16 - 3:33 pm et

QUOTE (SEALgep @ Dec 16 2004, 12:39 PM)

Be done with it already.

posted already :bang

I agree regarding Perez. If KW was so bent on trading for him last year, why drag his feet on signing him as a free agent? I really haven't heard any other teams in hot pursuit of him. And, in actuality, signing him would really solve the rotation issue. The Sox would have five true starters that would make a good, solid rotation. Maybe not a flashy rotation, but solid.

Bruce Levine reports that the Sox are no longer in the running for a 3 way deal that would involve the Yanks and Dbacks but that the Dodgers, Yanks and Arizona are working on a deal that could involve as many as 10 players.

They also once again mention that the Sox may target Pyrz.

So, to sum up the last hour:

• Hudson is gone

• Sox no longer in the bidding war for Clement

• Sox no longer pursuing the mult-team deal that might have landed Johnson

Yep, now it seems like a White Sox off-season. :angry:

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

So, to sume up the last hour:

• Hudson is gone

Yep, now it seems like a White Sox off-season.  :angry:

Yeah, that means no Vazquez, because I imagine the Dodgers will want to hang on to him... so here comes Pryz...

So, to sum up the last hour:

• Hudson is gone

Yep, now it seems like a White Sox off-season.  :angry:

The Sox a cutting payroll

The Sox are raising ticket prices

Ok, NOW it's a White Sox off-season

:D :D :D

Anything that keeps KW from making a sucide move in trading for RJ is good news to me.

However he better sign an decent pitcher considering he gave up Lee for a one year wonder CF who can steal and a bullpen arm we didn't even need.

If he doesn't then this offseason is not only a failure but I can't imagine us being in contention, that is off course unless the Twins and Indians get hit by the injury bug hard.

KW we are waiting. Get us what we need or else! :headbang

Atleast we can finally end these ridiculous Randy Johnson trade discussions. As of right now, the following options remain:

-Overpay for Clement/Perez

-Sign cheap 5th starter and assemble various IF pieces

-Overwhelm club with talent/prospects in trade

-Hold onto money until July.