Opening Day vs. Cleveland 4-4-05

Who will win?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• [IMG]http://www.ta-sports.net/Corp/mlb_logos/logo_wsx.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://www.ta-sports.net/Corp/mlb_logos/logo_cle.gif[/IMG]

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 3, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
You remember last season?  Mercy.

Soxtalk and WSI both got f***ed up because people wanted to go online and type, "f***ING MARTE!  f***ING KOCH!".  :banghead

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16883&hl=

Great read. I nominated it for "Thread of the Year" during the 2004 Soxtalk Awards.

Perhaps worse than the actual loss was the off day afterwards. You just wanted the team to take the field and shake off the horrendous bullpen collapse.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Anyone else think it is funny that the game thread for last year opening day was started 6 hours early and the one for this year was started over two months early?  Haha, I love it.  Can't wait for the game to start.  12 hours to go.

I have to get up for school in 5 hours and I can't sleep, ugh. Oh well, I think I'm just going to try and convince my mom to let me take the whole day off instead of going for the first 3 periods.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
I have to get up for school in 5 hours and I can't sleep, ugh.  Oh well, I think I'm just going to try and convince my mom to let me take the whole day off instead of going for the first 3 periods.

Be cool, stay in school! :P

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Be cool, stay in school! :P

Haha. There's no way I'm going to go to school now, I just can't sleep so I'm going to find some way to convince my mom to let me take the whole day off. I mean it's senior year anyways, means nothing :P And even if it did, I know my priorities, the sox are much more important then school. :gosox1:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Haha.  There's no way I'm going to go to school now, I just can't sleep so I'm going to find some way to convince my mom to let me take the whole day off.  I mean it's senior year anyways, means nothing :P And even if it did, I know my priorities, the sox are much more important then school. :gosox1:

If you don't go to school you are a fool. :nono

Officially getting this season started today boys! Lets see if I can get my Gameday thread record to an early 1-0 start! Projected Lineups below:

Cleveland Indians

Pos. Name Bats

1. CF Coco Crisp S

2. 3B Aaron Boone R

3. DH Travis Hafner L

4. C Victor Martinez S

5. LF Ryan Ludwick R

6. 1B Ben Broussard L

7. RF Casey Blake R

8. 2B Ronnie Belliard R

9. SS Jhonny Peralta R

SP Jake Westbrook, RHP

Chicago White Sox

Pos. Name Bats

1. LF Scott Podsednik L

2. 2B Tadahito Iguchi R

3. DH Carl Everett S

4. 1B Paul Konerko R

5. RF Jermaine Dye R

6. CF Aaron Rowand R

7. C A.J. Pierzynski L

8. 3B Joe Crede R

9. SS Juan Uribe R

SP Mark Buehrle, LHP

:headbang

I look at the Indians roster and it doesn't look like a strong offensive club as Hafner and Martinez are the only real great hitters, but somehow Eric Wedge gets them to play well. I still don't think they will be as good offensive this year, some of thier guys had career years and will not repeat them with the exception of Hafner and Martinez. However, where they might regress in hitting, the rotation is solid and they got a better bullpen. All in all, it's going to be a great competitive year.

Have a great time for everyone who is going to game, and tailgating a SoxTalk hook up. Let's hope the Sox can get off on the right foot this year, too bad I'll be missing since I'm off to bed. :(