Now we're just getting silly

Gene Honda Civic

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...cs-home-utility

The Cubs give up Zambrano, shortstop Neifi Perez, center fielder Corey Patterson, left-hander Will Ohman (expendable with Scott Eyre and Glendon Rusch available for the bullpen) and one of two on-the-cusp pitching prospects, either left-hander Rich Hill or right-hander Angel Guzman. They get Tejada and as many as five prospects who could fill needs in the near future--a pitcher (Hayden Penn, John Maine or Adam Loewen), two outfielders (Joe Borchard and one among the Baltimore group of Val Majewski, Jeff Florentino and Nick Markakis), first baseman Casey Rogowski and left-hander Arnie Munoz.

The Sox give up one arm from the Garland/Contreras/Garcia/Vazquez mix and four prospects who aren't being penciled in for big things--Borchard, Rogowski (a really good hitter who doesn't fit on a team that has Konerko and Thome), Munoz and Charles Haeger, a knuckleballer who pitched well in Venezuela after dominating Double A. They get back Bedard, a lefty with great stuff; Ohman, who fills the bullpen need and could allow Neal Cotts to move into the rotation in 2007; and either Hill or Guzman.

The Orioles wind up with the most inventory, as they should. They get Zambrano and Garland, Contreras, Garcia or Vazquez along with Perez, Patterson and Haeger. They give up Tejada, Bedard and a pitching prospect.

Although, if the Cubs keep Rusch in the bullpen I was interested in Will Ohman before. He seems like he could be a good second lefty. The Cubs wouldn't need him with Rusch and Eyre already in their bullpen.

Edited by SSH2005

Another hilarious article. Is this guy seriously drunk? or does he think it is April 1st?

The Sox give up one SP (Garland/Contreras/Garcia/Vazquez), four prospects (Borchard, Rogowski, Munoz, and Charles Haeger), and they only get back Bedard, Ohman, and either Hill or Guzman. Riggghhhttt.

Normally anything that is posted has to go thru an editor, so I guess he slipped this by them:

Take a breath, because he we go.

QUOTE(HoosierSox @ Dec 24, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
I think Phil needs to lay off the egg nog. No way in the world that trade would happen. The Sox would be giving up way too much for Bedard and a mediocre pitcher in Ohmen.

I have it under good authority that he came up with this article after the Chicago Tribune Christmas party. :drink :smilesanta