7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
Yes. Curse this last place offense.

You can't possibly think the offense is going to be able to keep their pace up do you? The pitching needs to step up, and it may be too much to ask. They are either tired or injured or both.

On the bright side, maybe we'll be forced to make a move in the next 7-10 days if we get destroyed by the Yanks/Tigers. I can't believe how much our starters have underarchieved over the past few months.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
I was hoping that after the all-star break our starters would regain their true form....now I'm starting to get extremely concerned...

Did you see the teams on our schedule to start the 2nd half?

If we lose today and the tigers win this is how its going to break out.

We will be 4 1/2 games back on our division.

And the Yanks will only be 4 games out of the wildcard. We are playing ourselves into a pretty precarious postion.

We need to wake the f*** up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
You can't possibly think the offense is going to be able to keep their pace up do you? The pitching needs to step up, and it may be too much to ask. They are either tired or injured or both.

I fully expect Garcia to be traded to let Brandom move into the rotation to calm down things a little.

Thome with a single.

Kenny Williams needs to get on the phone and get us a solid starter. Call Atlanta, Florida, the Giants, anyone, but please to god just get us another good starter because this staff isn't winning s***. At this point, not only do we need McCarthy to step in here for Garcia/Vaz, but also another arm.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
well now its 4-0.

Wow, MB makes a good pitch and Bernie f***ing Williams goes gap the opp way.

The pitch was in a difficult location, but it looked to me like Williams was making sure he didn't roll over on that at bat ........ so he was thinking the other way .......... therefore I would of liked to see Mark work inside.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)

Yeah, but all last year the argument was "wait until our offense finally starts hitting their career averages" and I'm tempted to say the same thing this year. It just cannot continue to be this bad.

We are in a stretch right now of really tough games, sort of like mid-august last year, and I expected there to be a serious slump somewhere.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
On the bright side, maybe we'll be forced to make a move in the next 7-10 days if we get destroyed by the Yanks/Tigers. I can't believe how much our starters have underarchieved over the past few months.

Did you see the teams on our schedule to start the 2nd half?

I don't give a s*** who we play. Yanks/Royals, whatever. Our rotation has the ability to shut down any offense if they get their s*** together.