Podsednik to DL, Boone Logan Recalled

Pods70Rowand33

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
Are we even sure Rowand is all that great against lefties? He was beyond terrible against them last season. Like .222 AVG/.304 OBP bad.

So how long until someone starts up the "Rowand to the Sox?" thread?

Mr. Rowand is, quite frankly, not all that "great" at anything except getting stellar jumps on the ball. Aside from 04, he hasn't been great with the bat, doesn't have great speed, and doesn't exactly have a cannon for an arm.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Are we even sure Rowand is all that great against lefties? He was beyond terrible against them last season. Like .222 AVG/.304 OBP bad.

So how long until someone starts up the "Rowand to the Sox?" thread?

Well sir...touche. I personally remember him being much better against lefties, I obviously follow what he does a whole of a lot less now, cause I just really don't care about the Phillies.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
Well sir...touche. I personally remember him being much better against lefties, I obviously follow what he does a whole of a lot less now, cause I just really don't care about the Phillies.

In 05

vs. Left .303 .354 .474 .828

vs. Right .258 .321 .383 .704

.302 .371 .575 .946

.315 .355 .526 .881

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
Should we assume it's a pretty serious injury since he was DL'd so quick? If it was just a tweak of the abductor I doubt they would have called up Logan so damn quick.

I wonder how fast he will be when he comes back. Explosive I am sure.

Injuring yourself during practice? Interesting.

Well, I think our bullpen has been overworked, so I can see why Boone was called up. He did just barely miss out on the team.

It will give Anderson a chance to play. I thought it would be Erstad who would be getting hurt to open up the door for his playing time.

If Sweeney or Owens were called up, they'd be in the same situation as Anderson -- just sitting on the bench.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Injuring yourself during practice? Interesting.

Well, I think our bullpen has been overworked, so I can see why Boone was called up. He did just barely miss out on the team.

It will give Anderson a chance to play. I thought it would be Erstad who would be getting hurt to open up the door for his playing time.

If Sweeney or Owens were called up, they'd be in the same situation as Anderson -- just sitting on the bench.

That's far from a sure thing.

Is this gonna be an issue for the rest of the year? Honestly, if he's on and off the DL all year, I can't see him getting in whatever rhythm his meager amount of talent would allow.

Emil Brown should become available whenever the Royals bring up Butler (they could probably bring him up now). He's not a world beater but would probably come fairly cheap and put up at least league average numbers. Of course, I'm still crossing my fingers for a DeJesus miracle. I wish the Sox would accept DeJesus as their personal savior.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
Is this gonna be an issue for the rest of the year? Honestly, if he's on and off the DL all year, I can't see him getting in whatever rhythm his meager amount of talent would allow.

Emil Brown should become available whenever the Royals bring up Butler (they could probably bring him up now). He's not a world beater but would probably come fairly cheap and put up at least league average numbers. Of course, I'm still crossing my fingers for a DeJesus miracle. I wish the Sox would accept DeJesus as their personal savior.

Emil Brown is hitting like .140 and lost his job to Ross Gload. Why would we want that?

QUOTE(Vance Law @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
You meant ice cold grinder, right?

quick, someone invent a new drink with that name.