Add any player to the Sox

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
Well this is a different question if you're talking a position player or a pitcher. But I would take Hanley Ramirez, the only other position player that I'd consider is Albert Pujols.

Any player- pitcher or position player.

As long as the player is named Markakis or Hamels, I don't give a s***. I'm in love with both guys. Lincecum is quickly following though and you can never go wrong with Hanley. (though with 2 rings, Theo still has Hanley bad dreams.. but not nightmares) or Pujols.. (even if he cheated)

I would still say Jeremy Reed is the best stud I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oh... Matt Weiters. Dude is going to be f***ing ridiculous in two years.

Hanley. I'd just like to point out, by the way, that my 3 keepers in my baseball league are Hanley, Lincecum and TCQ. And I'm losing like the last two round's picks for them (except Hanley, I'm losing a 3rd rounder for him). Good times.

If I were to look at the current construct of the team and pick someone to "plug a gap", I'd take Hanley.

If I were to take the best player and be allowed to send Konerko or Thome down, It'd obvi be Pujols. Guy is clearly the best hitter in the game.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Seriously, I would take Pujols. Best hitter in the game by far. Non serious answer, Jeff Smardizja, we need another WR to compliment Jerry Owens for the flag football team. We are already two deep at QB with Fields and Richard, but we need that second WR.

Josh Kroeger turned down a football scholarship as a wide receiver .

Grady Sizemore would be the guy who I believe would be the biggest incremental improvement to the Sox. He would solve our weakest two spots, CF and the leadoff spot. There are guys out there that are better, but Grady would do more to finish the Sox team than anyone else.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
Grady Sizemore would be the guy who I believe would be the biggest incremental improvement to the Sox. He would solve our weakest two spots, CF and the leadoff spot. There are guys out there that are better, but Grady would do more to finish the Sox team than anyone else.

Agreed. It would also weaken the Indians, which is like a bonus.

Hanley would be extremely tough to turn down. Someone who's only 25, plays in a premium position, would be a 40/40 threat in our ballpark and playing for our team, and could hit leadoff for us.

But I'll throw out some other names that haven't been mentioned.

David Price - Argubly the best pitching prospect in baseball ATM. Would be a fixture in our rotation for at least 5-6 seasons.

Rick Porcello - Same deal, and you'd take him away from the Tigers.

Matt Wieters - How would you like him at catcher for the next decade? Flowers could move to 1B.

Of course I'm looking at the above 3 from a long - term point of view. But if I were choosing a player, it'd be very hard to turn down one of the 4 from above that's for sure.