3/19/09 Sox @ Giants, 3:05

Kalapse

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
So who will be your target of ire in today's game, K?

Wait, let me guess... does his name start with a "J", and end in "erry"?

:lol:

Eh, sadly there's no broadcast for today's game, I'll probably be watching the tournament around 3 o'clock. I'll of course check the box score periodically to see just how many ground balls to the right side Jerry can muster off the high 90's fastball of Matt Cain. He might have to own the left side of the infield today.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Eh, sadly there's no broadcast for today's game, I'll probably be watching the tournament around 3 o'clock. I'll of course check the box score periodically to see just how many ground balls to the right side Jerry can muster off the high 90's fastball of Matt Cain. He might have to own the left side of the infield today.

Gameday Audio says they have it.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
Gameday Audio says they have it.

I was referring to a video broadcast. I'm not going to sit at my computer listening to a spring training game, it's boring enough watching these games, I can't imagine listening to them.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
I was referring to a video broadcast. I'm not going to sit at my computer listening to a spring training game, it's boring enough watching these games, I can't imagine listening to them.

huh, and here i was thinking you were really interested in Lance Broadways career

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)

Maybe Mr. Speed should of been working with a hitting instructor over the off season instead of a track coach.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
Other than J-O in CF :lolhitting

I think he has the leg up on Wise. Its really a shame that the White Sox are actually thinking about Owens and Wise leading off, leading the offense. It won't last long, that's for sure. The team sees something in Owens I don't think anyone else does, and the fact he's out of options says to me they don't want to risk losing him. If he must play, at least bat him 9th.

I'm beginning to think the reason they don't want to lead off with Getz is because of politics. They know Beckham is the future so they don't want to be put in a bad position when it's time to replace Getz. It'll be easier to replace a 9th place hitter than a leadoff hitter. Just a thought.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm beginning to think the reason they don't want to lead off with Getz is because of politics. They know Beckham is the future so they don't want to be put in a bad position when it's time to replace Getz. It'll be easier to replace a 9th place hitter than a leadoff hitter. Just a thought.

You're reading way to much into this. If Ozzie has leadoff the way he wants it, it would be Owens. He blows, so Getz it should be.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
You're reading way to much into this. If Ozzie has leadoff the way he wants it, it would be Owens. He blows, so Getz it should be.

So you think Owens is going to be the leadoff hitter no matter what, because Ozzie wants it that way?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Maybe Mr. Speed should of been working with a hitting instructor over the off season instead of a track coach.

Jerry's also 0/3 on SB's in A games this spring. I think he should have worked with a better track coach too.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
So you think Owens is going to be the leadoff hitter no matter what, because Ozzie wants it that way?

He's the coach. Of course it's what he wants. I'm saying if Owens would produce that would be Ozzie's ideal scenario.

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
Guys scheduled to pitch today. (Unlikely all of them get in... but these are the guys on the schedule.)

Danks

Egbert

Poreda

Russell

Wasserman

Williams

Interesting. Those 5 relievers are all guys competing for jobs. I am thinking we'll see more cuts in that group soon.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)

Ozzie may be a peculiar type of person who goes against the grain sometimes, but he's no idiot. I promise you that he is seeing the same thing from Owens that the rest of us are seeing. A weak, hole-riddled swing and an O-fer on SB attempts this spring. That's not what earns you a starting job and the leadoff position. He let Swisher leadoff last year because Swish had a track record of being a very good hitter and he thought that he might turn it around. Once it was clear that Swish was hitting for crap last season Ozzie did what he had to do and moved Cabrera to the 1 spot even though it wasn't ideal.