(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I always respected Prince as an entertainer. He pushed the boundaries of showmanship like guys like Freddy Mercury and David Bowie did. What I didn't realize for a long time was how much talent he had as a guitarist too until I saw him play during this Beatles tribute. Prince really takes over and puts some historically great guitarists to shame at about the 3:30 mark of this video. I mean that is Petty, Winwood, and Lynne on stage with him, and they all took a side to Prince.

#RIPPrince

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
I always respected Prince as an entertainer. He pushed the boundaries of showmanship like guys like Freddy Mercury and David Bowie did. What I didn't realize for a long time was how much talent he had as a guitarist too until I saw him play during this Beatles tribute. Prince really takes over and puts some historically great guitarists to shame at about the 3:30 mark of this video. I mean that is Petty, Winwood, and Lynne on stage with him, and they all took a side to Prince.

#RIPPrince

The fact that we linked to the same video speaks to the heights of that performance.