Sox at Twins September 1st game thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
Curious to see our lineup tonight. Who do you all think will get most of the DH duties in September. I'm thinking a rotation of Pods, AJ, and Flowers.

Those guys and maybe Fields.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Since we're married to him, I want Rios in center pretty much every game from here on out.

Yes, especially in the dome, where speed and defense are even more important. Rios hasn't done much of anything at the plate since joining the Sox, but he's been a pleasure to watch in center, covering a huge amount of ground.

With the speedsters Ozzie can choose to put in the lineup (Pods, Rios, Getz, Alexei, and even Nix and Beckham), the Sox have their best chance to win in years in the Twinkiedome. We just need for AJ to teach the other guys in the lineup how to hit bloopers over the infield - AJ had a couple last night. Fly balls or even liners hit to the outfield that are not home runs are outs in the dome, with the Twins' speedsters. The Twins know how to win in the dome, but we can now match them with speed and beat them, if we get some well-timed hits.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Any chance the trades somehow spark this team to go on a tear?

It may. At least I hope. I don't necessarily think that the trades are KW's way of saying he's giving up. Both moves made sense in order to get ready for 2010, but aside from losing Thome's big bat (which has been inconsistent), the team is still intact.

I predict a win tonight and tomorrow.

Any chance the trades somehow spark this team to go on a tear?

No. I'd say Cleveland is licking its chops with a good chance of catching us in the standings.

I can never recall a time, it's been a while since I firmly expect us to lose night in and out. That has been this road trip. Just chalk up another loss today.

After the trade of Thome and Contreras and basically the admission now of KW that we are done for the season it will be interesting to see how the team reacts. We need to win 2 games here at the HumphreyDump and maybe as Ozzie said thse guys have looked themselves in the mirror. It is too bad we didn't get something in return for either player, but in this day and age I guess that was to be expected. I hope to listen on XM radio tonight.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
After the trade of Thome and Contreras and basically the admission now of KW that we are done for the season it will be interesting to see how the team reacts. We need to win 2 games here at the HumphreyDump and maybe as Ozzie said thse guys have looked themselves in the mirror. It is too bad we didn't get something in return for either player, but in this day and age I guess that was to be expected. I hope to listen on XM radio tonight.

Did you even read about the Contreras deal? What we got was more than I had expected.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
Maybe a big fight in the dugout like in Major League II.

Or just a fight with the Twins, the team we hate oh so much. A.J. should give Carlos Gomez a nuggy or something.

I wonder what other teams hate the Humpydome as we do. Who else bombs in there???

--

Do you guys hate the fact we have flopped against the Central this year? Is it going to be a pattern in the future?

We are going to be considered the rivals of the Twins, Royals forever. The Royals go headhunting when they play us; never against other teams. They've played us pretty close the past 2 seasons.

The Twins get geeked out of their minds to embarrass us at the dome. They will want to continue the trend in the new stadium and at least will be intense in those games trying to prove it wasn't just the dome that doomed the Sox.

We have had great luck vs. Detroit til this year.

IMO Kenny needs to start treating our team as if we are in the East Division because these Central teams get jacked up to play us and that will not change next year or the following years to come. Are any of you bothered by the pesky teams who beat us up this year in the Central??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
Maybe a big fight in the dugout like in Major League II.

Uecker was great in those movies!

Good news fans, the Indians are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks. As a matter of fact they appear to be beating the crap out of each other. It looks like Willie Hayes is trying to hit Rick Vaughn, and why not, everyone else in the league does. Hayes swings and misses. I don't know Monte, it looks like Vaughn is carrying his left a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds.

T-Flow will be wearing #39, but I doubt that will be his official number if he makes the team next spring .. thats the number Getz wore last year when he got the call up so I am just assuming

I want to change my username to TFlow## .. but ill have to wait

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
T-Flow will be wearing #39, but I doubt that will be his official number if he makes the team next spring .. thats the number Getz wore last year when he got the call up so I am just assuming

I want to change my username to TFlow## .. but ill have to wait

What's wrong with your current name? :D