Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Yeah, we're going to play the winner of the Eagles-Packers/Giants/Bucs game most likely.

If the Eagles win, Bears get them. If not, they'd get the NFC West-Saints winner. This all is assuming Atlanta beats Carolina at home of course.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
Barring a shocker, Bears will be playing the winner of the New Orleans vs Philly playoff game.

for practical purposes im going tyo assume atlanta beats carolina next week and ends up with the 1 seed

that puts bears at 2, eagles get 3 since they won their division, then NFC west with 4, NO with 5 and GB with 6...so NO should play the NFC west, and GB will play philly

this is a great scenario for the bears...it basically means they can't play the packers (who i actually think might be the best of the NFC teams despite being ranked 6th) til the NFC championship (should both teams make it that far)

How awesome would it be if the NFC West team manages to win, and the 6th seed wins. It be NFC West @ Bears 2nd round.

Edit: This is assuming of course that Atlanta or NO manages to lock up the 1.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
How awesome would it be if the NFC West team manages to win, and the 6th seed wins. It be NFC West @ Bears 2nd round.

I know they were different teams 2.5 months ago, but the Seahawks manhandled the Bears in Soldier Field

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
I know anything can happen in the playoffs and yada yada yada but there's 0 chance that the NFC West winner beats the Saints, not happening.

It's more than zero, but not likely. Probably less that 10%. The Saints have already smoked the Rams once.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)
It's more than zero, but not likely. Probably less that 10%. The Saints have already smoked the Rams once.

honestly...seattle is not an easy place to play. my buddy from cleveland was just telling me his superbowl picks are patriots vs new orleans, but he also commented that the browns beat both of those teams by a combined 20+ pts...so I certainly would never say 0..and i think its even higher than 10%

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:56 AM)
honestly...seattle is not an easy place to play. my buddy from cleveland was just telling me his superbowl picks are patriots vs new orleans, but he also commented that the browns beat both of those teams by a combined 20+ pts...so I certainly would never say 0..and i think its even higher than 10%

Seattle is not an easy place to play when Seattle has a team worth a s***. Unfortunely for them, they do not. Denver and Kansas City are not easy places to play either, but when the team that plays there is bad (Denver this year, Kansas City last year), that home field advantage is largely negated.

As for the Browns' victories over the Saints and Pats, those weren't entirely flukes. The Browns are a better team than people think, especially if McCoy continues to develop. That being said, those games were in the middle of the year when teams that are heavy favorites can lose focus. Additionally, sometimes better teams just lose, such as the Eagles tonight and the Chargers on Sunday.

Still, the Saints are well-coached, playoff-tested, and have an elite quarterback and a very good defense. Their only real weakness is an inconsistent running game.

The odds that the Saints lose to the NFC West division winner are not good.

The Rams are really the only NFC West team that has a shot in hell at winning a game in the postseason. The Seahawks are probably going to be without Hasselbeck and they have absolutely no running game at all. The Rams atleast have a talented QB, even if he is a rookie, they have weapons offensively, and they are pretty solid defensively. Even then, the Saints are really, really good and it would take a minor miracle for anybody to beat them.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
With Bears luck this season I wouldn't be surprised

No f***ing kidding, I'm still waiting for Green Bay to catch a break this year. Injuries were really the only potential setback keeping us from a 1 or 2 seed.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
No f***ing kidding, I'm still waiting for Green Bay to catch a break this year. Injuries were really the only potential setback keeping us from a 1 or 2 seed.

Well, yeah, that and horrible coaching and a lack of discipline.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
Well, yeah, that and horrible coaching and a lack of discipline.

Horrible decision making on Mike McCarthy's part I will agree with, without a running game I have no gripe with his offensive play calling even though there have been some head scratchers.

Discipline? GB has been very good in the penalty department for a change this year, obviously it is hard to look past the record setting night vs. the Bears or the facemask at the end of the Falcons game.

Neither of those aspects even compares to how bad our Special teams is, cost us in every loss this year.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Favre To Be Fined For Texts

My guess this will go down around 7pm on New Years Eve.

Goodell has lost points in my book this year. Too many inconsistent decisions. I can't believe a guy can text pictures of his wang to an NFL Team Employee and get away without punishment. Unless Goodell has good reason to believe that its not his wang, she asked him to send it to her, or something else. . . this is pretty indefensible to me. This looks like textbook sexual harassment.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
Goodell has lost points in my book this year. Too many inconsistent decisions. I can't believe a guy can text pictures of his wang to an NFL Team Employee and get away without punishment. Unless Goodell has good reason to believe that its not his wang, she asked him to send it to her, or something else. . . this is pretty indefensible to me. This looks like textbook sexual harassment.

Supposedly the complication is that it wasn't actually sent from Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre's phone.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)

You just got one since there is now about a 99.8 percent chance your must win game Sunday will be meaningless for the opponent. You've also got a few important questionable calls that have gone your way from the officials in games this season. But I'll ignore that, because obviously you're not 9-6 and fighting for a wild card because you can't run the ball, took 18 penalties in a key game against the team that won your division, and have losses to 5-10 Detroit, 7-8 Miami, and 6-9 Washington. You're 9-6 because of injuries, mystique and voodoo, God liking the Bears more, and so on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101