Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Kipwells needs to remove "Moon" from his avatar, because from this point foward I'll immediately dismiss all posts of his unless the change is made.

Haha, I thought the movie was pretty cool. But I liked the poster a lot. It's getting old now, I'll have to come up with something new.

EDIT: And, OMG I've seen a lot of twisted horror movies, but the Human Centipede looks truly disturbing.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Im sorry but his question was fairly obvious if you watched the film and rather than comment on my post you could have answered him yourself if you cared that much

I just watched LAC as well and loved it.. Brian, how could you seriously watch that movie and then ask that question? I think that, as its been said, it was fairly obvious to figure out..

The ending though..

If Jaime Foxx brought the bomb in there to let Clyde detonate it and kill him isn't that technically murder in some way? I mean, he put the bomb there and knew it was there and it would kill him, im pretty sure you cant do that.

I went to the Portage theatre on Milwaukee Ave a couple nights ago because my girl has a friend who had a movie premier for this independent film. God that was a travesty, these independent flicks look like they are made by high schoolers sometimes. And there were a ton of people to show up to this mess like it was a "big to do".

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
I've watched Network and On Golden Pond the last few days. I was pretty disappointed with Network, given the amount of times I'd heard good things about it. I really enjoyed On Golden Pond, though.

I love Network. It may feel dated now, but you have to give it credit for how well it presaged just how far sensationalist shock media would go in time.

What is this movie, THE PERFECT GAME?

Has anyone seen it?

I did see the fictionalized movie featuring my hometown Quad City River Bandits about the Dominican pitcher...and adjusting to life in the middle of nowhere (aka the Midwest League) if you're a Latin American ballplayer.

It was just so-so. Aha, Sugar was the name of it...not the greatest, not the worst, baseball movie of all time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
What is this movie, THE PERFECT GAME?

Has anyone seen it?

I did see the fictionalized movie featuring my hometown Quad City River Bandits about the Dominican pitcher...and adjusting to life in the middle of nowhere (aka the Midwest League) if you're a Latin American ballplayer.

It was just so-so. Aha, Sugar was the name of it...not the greatest, not the worst, baseball movie of all time.

I really enjoyed it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:29 AM)
I see that, but the story itself really lacked for me.

Been years since I've seen it, I'll have to go back and rewatch. But I remember Dunaway and Holden turning solid performances, and of course Peter Finch as Howard Beale is one of those iconic portrayals that everybody recognizes and parodies even if they've never seen the original film.

Chinatown is another film I saw years ago and loved that I've meant to go back to. Now it'll have to be a double feature.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 06:40 AM)
Been years since I've seen it, I'll have to go back and rewatch. But I remember Dunaway and Holden turning solid performances, and of course Peter Finch as Howard Beale is one of those iconic portrayals that everybody recognizes and parodies even if they've never seen the original film.

Chinatown is another film I saw years ago and loved that I've meant to go back to. Now it'll have to be a double feature.

I saw that the other day, too, and really liked it. I thought I'd like Network, but I just didn't.

last person in the entire world to see Avatar, here. I got the Blu-Ray yesterday (I know this is a bare-bones version but I don't really give a f*** about extra features or whatever). I was worried it wouldn't live up to all the hype and I'd be disappointed but it was pretty damn awesome.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
last person in the entire world to see Avatar, here. I got the Blu-Ray yesterday (I know this is a bare-bones version but I don't really give a f*** about extra features or whatever). I was worried it wouldn't live up to all the hype and I'd be disappointed but it was pretty damn awesome.

I haven't seen Avatar

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:50 AM)
I haven't seen Avatar

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:19 AM)
I haven't seen it either.

Make that 3 of us. Sad thing is, I got the movie here at home and just doesn't excite me to watch it despite the reviews.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:41 AM)
Make that 3 of us. Sad thing is, I got the movie here at home and just doesn't excite me to watch it despite the reviews.

lol same here, I think it looks f***in stupid

I don't know what your definition of stupid is but you just have to watch it to see for yourself I guess. It gets better and better as the movie goes on. Only complaint I had was that it was long as hell but it wasn't like Transformers 2 pointless kind of long.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:41 AM)

Just like I've never watched Titanic either.

It's on the DVD shelf here but honestly, I just don't care.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:31 AM)

I haven't seen it and have no plans on seeing it anytime soon. The only way I would have seen it was in Imax 3D.. it really looks like a terrible movie from a storyline perspective. From everyone I've talked to, the value in seeing it is in the sheer awesomeness of the visuals, which probably isn't worth it outside of Imax 3D.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:50 AM)
I haven't seen Avatar

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:19 AM)
I haven't seen it either.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:41 AM)

I am Waiting to see it on Redbox.

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
I haven't seen it and have no plans on seeing it anytime soon. The only way I would have seen it was in Imax 3D.. it really looks like a terrible movie from a storyline perspective. From everyone I've talked to, the value in seeing it is in the sheer awesomeness of the visuals, which probably isn't worth it outside of Imax 3D.

+1

I have it queued up on Netflix but in no hurry to watch it.