White Sox @ Rockies, 7:40pm, WCIU

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Hawk drop the season ticket crap it is almost July...........Nobody with any sense would pay to see this s*** offense every night!

You'll guarantee yourself the opportunity to purchase tickets for playoff games that will not be played. You won't get your money back, but you will be able to use it towards tickets for 2012

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)

Check the replay, he didn't get to it just fine. He took a very leisurely route to the ball.

I don't need to see the replay. The "getting to the ball" aspect of things isn't the issue here at all. He got to that ball in plenty of time to make an easy catch. It's the "how does a Major Leaguer get to a ball in plenty of time and then let it hit off the heel of his mitt" that, to me, is both the issue and the frustrating aspect of that particular play. That particular play, I might add, which isn't even a factor in this ballgame in the least bit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 02:45 AM)

Check the replay, he didn't get to it just fine. He took a very leisurely route to the ball.

Amen. He takes a very leisurely path through the zone with the bat, too.

There's a reason the Jays let him go for nothing -- even with the onerous contract.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
over what?

Mauer called for four fastballs, the pitcher was like WTF and threw them, but one was down the middle and Prince Fielder got the GW RBI from it. The pitcher, paraphrasing, was complaining about the pitching calls from Mauer. Mauer's response was "well yeah I called for them but I didn't call for them right down the middle".

Good stuff.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Hawk drop the season ticket crap it is almost July...........Nobody with any sense would pay to see this s*** offense every night!

I have an urge to link to the hyperbole thread again here

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)
I have an urge to link to the hyperbole thread again here

Face it when a team is this bad offensively you are gonna have hyperbolic type statements. You'll have to ban the entire board almost.